We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Bangalore

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Bangalore

Hi everyone,

My hubby and I will be in Bangalore from March 14 - 19, 2011. Hubby will be attending the Finale Forum hosted by Infosys In Electronics City.

I was wondering what there is to do in Electronics City when he is away at the forum and how far is Electronics City to the center of Banaglore. Is there any shopping malls that are close by? Is there any must see / visit in Bangalore that we should do.

Also which is the better of these two hotels Lemon Tree Electronics City and Radha Regency Hotel.

Your responses will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Bangalore

Electronics city is approx. 20 kms from the city center (MG road & surroundings). It primarily has offices & residences. There isn't too much you can see in this area. Check this blog:

…blogspot.com/search/label/1.%20Home

Depending on the time of the day you travel between E-city & MG road, it may take you between 45 minutes to 1-1/2 hours to commute. The nearest shopping locality from E-city is Koramangala (en route MG road) which has a mall, stores & good restaurants. But, I guess you would want to shop for handicrafts for which you have to head out towards MG road.

Must see / visit in Bangalore? It depends on your interests. There are temples (Bull temple, ISCKON), traditional markets(city market, Gandhi bazar), shopping (MG road, Brigade road, Commercial street), museums (Visvesvaraya Industrial museum), palaces (Bangalore palace & a small Tipu Sultan's palace), parks (Lalbagh, Cubbon park), Vidhana Soudha & high court, pubs, heritage walks etc.

Also browse through older posts in the Bangalore forum for shopping & things to see.

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
58 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Bangalore

Electroniics City could take anything from 30 min to 60 min depending on traffic on time of day.

If you're looking for shopping malls, try Garuda in the city on Magrath Rd around Ashok Nagar. There are many more like Forum in Koramangla and Foum Value Mall in Whiteield.

3. Re: Trip to Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 16:17