We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

Planning a trip to Karnataka...april 2012 (14 to 24) .. 25 i have a marriage to attend @ manglore so thought lets check out explore the exotic state .. journey to start from bijapur..then to badami ..aihole...palladakal...hampi.....belur....halebed.....sharavanabelogola..than pass manglore take car go to udipi /kollur/dharmasthala/ & back to manglore for the weeding ..pls help if a) itenery is OK ? B) how do i visit these places car or by train ??

pls help

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

the itinery looks good. Hiring a car is the best option. the journey from Hampi to Belur,Halebidu,Sharavanbelagola might be troublesome. these 2 places are 300 kms apart and unfortunately the only train on this route takes 11 hrs to travel.

you can have a look at

Bijapur>Badami,Bagalkot,Aihole,Pattadakal>Hampi>Kollur,Udupi,Dharmastahla>Mangalore. try Belur,Halebidu,Shravanbelagola in a one day trip from Mangalore.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

Thanks a Ton...Will certainly trouble you a bit more if case may be...just one ?..

need yur advice on the from badami need to see aihole & pattadakal suggest the itenary & from there to hampi train or bus i have a fmily ..

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

People say you cant experience Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole in a day.so be it. Stay at Badami . KSTDC Chalukya is ok for family stay. there is a train from Bagalkot to Hospet(Hampi) . unfortunately that runs only on Wednesdays .

So follow this ...

Bijapur to Badami is about 2hrs 30 mins by train . Badami is south of Aihole and Pattadakal and a bit closer to Hampi . Do a day trip of Aihole , Pattadakal from Badami . the entire trip is of 80 kms drive. So hire a cab . you can keep one more day for just Badami and nearby attractions.

Badami to Hampi/Hospet is approx 150 kms. Hire a cab for this journey . Check with the hotel if they provide the KSTDC Taxis for this journey. Cab is the best option for this journey. The next best option is Take a Cab from hotel till IIlkal(60 kms from Badami) which is once again on NH13 and then a A/C Volvo to Hospet.

Road Directions:Badami to Kushtagi> take right at NH13>Hospet if you want to go for a complete cab journey.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 08:39
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

Your itinerary seems fine! and I would agree with twonhalf that you should hire a car.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

Thanks Chief...

My 1st leg planning is almost done.. will need yur help to guide me from Hami

( post my hampi vist would need to go to halebid & belur

after which start my religious tour ( costal karnataka) & the list of beautiful temlples & locales.

Regds

Rajiv

6. Re: WOULD NEED YOUR HELP to check & advise on my itneary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:41