We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Dubai
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

My son (17 yrs) is planning to go for a trek to Bhrighu Lake during May 2012. Route is Manali, Mori Dugh, Pandu Ropa, Nallah Thach, Bhrighu Lake, Roadikhodi, Kothi, Manali. I want to ask if he will have the opportunty to see Snow? It is his main reason for joining the trek.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,519 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Probably, there will be no snow in the mentioned trek route in May. They may try Kunzum Pass to Chander tal 12 trek.

AshisRoy

Edited: 19 February 2012, 07:14
Dubai
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Thank you very much for your prompt response, as usual.

manali
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Month of May will be full of Snow in Bhrigu -Pandurupa and and Raulikholi. this year we have good snow fall chances to get more snow before pandurupa also.Lake will be covered with snow in the month of May. He should take good trekking shoes . best will be if they are minimum 4 perosn to divided the cost . Chhape

Dubai
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Thank you for the update. I am glad that there will be snow in few areas. This year iscooler than usual, so I had been hoping for it. My son will be a part of a group with 10-12 persons, with some members with past experience of the terrain.

manali
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Hi

With whom they are going to do this trek ? I have also travel agency in Manali if want you can ask cost from us also? you can write e-mail to me their requirment.

Dubai
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

Well thanks. The trek is being orginizes from Pune, by Yuashakti. Since my son is still not an adult, I prefer to have a trip organised from Pune and back up to Pune.

7. Re: Trek to Bhrighu Lake in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 21:35