We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone heard about this

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwest
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone heard about this

I have recevied this email today regarding the property I had booked to rent during new year this year

Does anyone know anything about this - obviously I will get my money back but I am now in the predicament were I have fligths and nowhere to stay, if I book somewhere else will the same happen again ? help

" We have recently received information originally disseminated by the Indian Government regarding the renting of properties in their country.

Apparently the government are now opposed to foreigners purchasing properties let alone renting them out.

Unfortunately the police are now involved and as a result they have visited many complexes in Goa including Regal Palms, and have threatened to remove guests from properties they are renting.

This is an ongoing problem and we have been informed that we should refrain from renting the apartment with immediate effect.

I offer my sincere apologies, but I'm sure you appreciate I would not want to put you in a predicament such as this.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone heard about this

Its a worry if its true and applies across the board so to speak. I am booking independantly myself next time and hope no problems arise.

Northwest
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone heard about this

anyone got ideas on where I can try and book that wont give me similar headaches - we booked early so everything was sorted well in advance, this is the last thing I expected !

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone heard about this

Hi lou, you could try looking at www.ownersdirect/india/goa which is where I have found an apartment. I'd expect more advice too from other regulars on here.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone heard about this

Lou, I have sent you a PM.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone heard about this

This sounds really strange to me. Nothing in the press about this.

This would have huge implications for all the little guest houses in Goa.

Do you think they got a better offer from someone paying more than you for the accommodation? Sorry, but this seems so strange that no one else has had anything from their accommodation providers.

I hope this is not true anyway, and feel very sorry for everyone who has booked if it is true.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone heard about this

Calling Welloutofit or Brauhy or anyone else on the ground in Goa – have you heard anything about this?

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone heard about this

beachfreak i think its if the owner of the apartment is not indian, then there is the problem lou has booked with a non indian owner.;)) Gel

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone heard about this

Ooh er missus, same here Gel! Need more info here quickly as the owner of the apartment we have sorted lives in Essex.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone heard about this

Stalex i think i'm right as i have read the same post on another site i've spoken to lou and thats my take on it she is now looking to rent off of an Indian owner. :)) Gel

Edited: 19 May 2010, 16:22
LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone heard about this

This could have big implications for a lot of people if its true.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations