We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Araku Rail cum Road tour stopped?

10 posts
Araku Rail cum Road tour stopped?

Dear All, We (2 adults - age 30to40)will visit araku between October to December.I have contacted APTDC tourism but they told they stopped rail cum road tour. But we want to visit araku by rail specially 40 tunnels. Please suggest which one will be better?

1. APTDC araku by road tour package

2. Catch VSKP kirandul passenger (58501) train and take a car from araku railway station and after that take bus or train from Borra caves to Vishakapatnam?

2 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
5 posts
1. Re: Araku Rail cum Road tour stopped?

Hi,

Yes that's true, APTDC has stopped their Rail cum Road service.

I'm also about to go to Arakku in Oct this year and preferred train route. I booked Vistadome for a better view and experience of surroundings. My returning is on that same day by rail route boarding from borraghalu.

Generally the train runs late for more than 2 hrs approx. so I thought to return by train to VSKP.

This what I planned.

Visakhapatnam, India
Level Contributor
221 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Araku Rail cum Road tour stopped?

@Subrata D - If you want to save money, go for option 1. If you want to experience the train ride, go for option 2.

For Option 2 - It is better that you book a car from Vizag who will pick you up from Araku Railway station, cover all the sightseeing places including Borra Caves and return back to Vizag on the same day.

Reply to: Araku Rail cum Road tour stopped?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Visakhapatnam