We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Hi all,

I'm sure many of you have had positive experiences of this company, but for those of you that are thinking of booking them for your transfer from Taba airport, I would advise that you exercise caution.

Upon arrival a manic little rep literally runs around the hall with a piece of A4 paper yelling in attempted English the names of the people he's looking for. Unfortunately because his English is so poor, you can neither understand the name's he's calling nor even the name of the company he's from. Cue much confusion....

When you eventually manage to find the coach you're on, he insists on taking the voucher you've printed which contains the information you need at the end of your holiday. Fortunately I managed to keep hold of the 2nd page.

You then load the cases onto the coach yourself whilst the driver stands there with his hand open asking for money. Good so far!

At the end of your break you attempt to call all of the 3 numbers shown to confirm your pickup, PLUS the number that Manic Rep gives you at the airport. NONE ARE VALID NUMBERS.

I eventually enlisted the help of the Hilton Concierge who was as unsuccessful as I had been. Much internet searching (£7 a time) finally revealed a phone number for the company (they deliberately omit any numbers from their website), who finally confirmed a collection at 2.45pm. Manic Rep arrived at 3.30pm.

I have used countless transfer companies in the past and this is by far the worst. I have now written twice asking for a refund of the cost (not including the £40+ on telephone calls & internet access), only to be ignored.

Beware!!!

Edited: 16 January 2012, 18:09
UK
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Good Day Mr James

In response to your Comments posted yesterday, I wish to respond on behalf of A2B Transfers.com.

Your Booking was received by A2B by your Travel Agent via your Travel Agents Account with us. Your Travel Agents policy is not to divulge your contact Information to A2B and that all correspondence regarding your Transfer booking is to be done directly between your Travel Agent and A2BTransfers.com.

In an effort to ensure that we only contract with Companies that provide the kind of Service expected by A2B, we changed Suppliers in Egypt in December and Secured the services of a Company that was more reliable than the Company we had been using prior to December. Your comment that the Local rep could hardly speak English was one of the many reasons we changed our Contract to a New Supplier in Egypt. The New Suppliers Reps are all able to communicate in English. For this reason we believe that you may have been travelling with the Incorrect Voucher and Not with the New Voucher for the New Supplier that we had asked your Travel Agent to forward on to you. The New Supplier Reps all have T Shirts on That clearly say A2BTransfer.com and they cannot be missed as being from A2B. Another reason we believe your Travel Agent may not have provided you with the New Updated Transfer Voucher.

When we changed Suppliers, we updated all our Transfer Voucher information to the New Supplier in Egypt. We sent the Updated Voucher with the New Suppliers Contact details (telephone number, Emergency number and Email address) to your Travel Agent and requested your Travel Agent to ensure you receive the Updated Contact Information so as to ensure that you would be able to contact the Agent in Resort as soon as you arrived should you have any difficulty in locating the driver.

When we received your complaint via Email, we advised you by reply email that we had sent your Complaint to your Travel Agent for the following reasons:

1. To ensure they were aware of the complaint as a complaint needed to be sent from your Travel Agent to A2B – as it was booked by your Travel Agent on your behalf

2. To ask your Travel Agent at the same time whether they had sent you Your New Voucher with the New Supplier contact details so that you would have access to the Correct Contact details on arrival in Egypt.

To date, your Travel Agent has not come back to A2B with confirmation that they had provided you with the New Voucher, the instructions to be followed upon arrival at the airport and the New Supplier details as per our request.

Should your Travel Agent Not have provided you with the New Voucher and the Updated Contact details, then your Travel Agent needs to refund you directly for failing to pass on the New Voucher Information and instructions that we had sent them – to ensure you received a successful transfer.

We will contact your Travel Agent again and chase for a response from them and alert them to the urgency of their response in this matter.

Our New Updated Vouchers instruct clients to do the following:

A Representative, wearing an A2B Transfers T-Shirt and holding a sign with A2B Travelextras / First Choice-Hotels/VantageTravels will be in the Arrivals Hall.

CLIENTS ARE NOT TO LEAVE THE AIRPORT WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING THE DRIVER OR THE EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER.

In the unlikely event you should have any difficulty in locating your designated driver - please call the emergency number at the Bottom of this voucher for assistance.

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Well! I think that was a full and frank reply from A2B they saw a problem and (hopefully) fixed it.

If you don't want to use your travel agent to book transfers why not use the

company website - easy to use, even for me!!

Des

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

I concur Des...Have used A2B many times booking direct and had nothing but an exceptional service...I was always greeted by an English speaking guide who carried and loaded my case and didn't hold his hand out for a tip..On arrival at my hotel (30mins before the other coaches) he insisted on checking me in at reception..At that stage he informed me that he would phone to confirm my departure time..He even tried to refuse my tip for him and his driver..

I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE A2B TRANSFER ON MY NEXT VISIT..

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

I am appreciative of a response, having not received one via e-mail (and yes, the Junk folder has been checked).

The explanation is feasible and I will indeed contact bookableholidays.com for their comments.

@ Pamplemouse - I didn't choose to book the transfer via the travel agent per se. This was a holiday booking over the telephone and transfers were 'included'. It didn't become apparent that the transfer was entirely separate until I received confirmation.

Obviously I won' t use bookable.com again!

Bournemouth...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Problems first started when the coach driver did not have the same details on his list for his passengers for our accommodation and drop off point as we had requested and had confirmed (via email) by A2B. The airport help desks that deal with the bookings were not sure why the accommodation address had been changed between our booking confirmation and the info being given to the driver or by whom as the paperwork passes through various different companies. Driver was anxious to leave the airport and a representative of A2B at the airport reassured us that the drop off point we had been allocated was nearby to our requested and confirmed drop off point, and it had most likely been altered as A2B do not drop to private residences only hotels - so we got on the coach. We - that is myself, my husband, my daughter and her partner and 3 children at 6 and under - were dropped outside a private apartment block (but not our requested one) with no reception or bar to ask for help. There were no shops or bars in site or any signposts and we had 3 small children and 7 suitcases. We found a bar, thanks to some passing cyclists who directed us. We had to get 2 taxis to our accommodation as it was too far to walk and this cost us 14 euros. Once settled into our apartment we telephoned A2B to complain and then as requested emailed the details to A2B from an internet cafe at the other end of the town. We advised them that the same coaches were dropping passengers off at the hotel opposite our apartment and requested this hotel for our pick up point for our return journey. We received a sympathetic email and confirmation that we would be collected from our requested hotel (across the road from our private apartment), on our return date. On the day of our departure we waited outside the hotel requested and confirmed by A2B as our pick up point, more holiday makers arrived waiting for a coach so we didn't panic when the coach was nearing an hour late. The coach arrived and we were not on the list to be collected - so we phoned the emergency number, who advised us that our pick up point was still showing as the incorrect drop off point. A2B did arrange for another coach to collect us and it arrived about 30 mins later - and thankfully in time for us to arrive back at the airport in time to catch our flight. But we had been standing in the midday sun with 3 small children for 90 minutes after believing our email confirmation of the change of pick up. The whole experience was very stressful and the A2B reps or their subcontractors in Mallorca were not at all helpful at the airport when we arrived, they were dismissive and not interested in sorting the error in the booking. A2B did not give the service that they offered and confirmed by email on both our outward and inward journey. I would not recommend this company at all. We received a refund of half our fare as compensation.

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Am I correct that you were in Mallorca - Spain - can't see how it reflects any problem in Egypt!!!

Des

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

We too have just had a very bad experience with a2btransfers ib BarcelonaFirstly on arrival at Barcelona the information on the printed sheets from you was incorrect. When we finally found our connection the agent could hardly speak English and was very unhelpful.The transport was nothing like the video!! The passenger doors would not shut and the driver seemed not to know the workings of the vehicle at all. He did not drop us off outside our hotel but in a Square and pointed to where we had to go !!.

The hotel posted a notice saying we would be picked up at 9.00 am outside the hotel for our flight to Palma, at 9.20 no transport, I tried to ring the two numbers given, I could get no answer to either number. I then asked the hotel to ring and was kept hanging on for several minutes. I was told our transport would be approx 10 mins. at 9.50 no transport, I tried to ring again, once again I had to get the hotel to ring. Seems you do not accept calls from mobile phones !! I was told to hang on and several minutes later was told transport would be there in 5 mins.

At 10.20 !! we decided to get our own taxi to the airport which cost us 39 Euro.

We then had problems at Barcelona airport in that our flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 7.40 that evening 7 hours late!! I tried again to ring the numbers given on your forms to be told that the transport operator had changed !!! (We had no information about this ) and 2 new numbers were given to me to ring. I rang the emergency number and the person I spoke to was less than helpful! I was already upset because of our cancellation but was spoken to in a very abrupt and unhelpful way very unprofessional......surely you have to handle cancellations on a regular basis!!. I was finally told to find a contact desk Viajes Urbis on arrival at Palma. Again this name had never been mentioned on any paperwork received from you....

When we finally arrived at Palma the people at the Viajes Urbis desk where EXTREMELY helpful and also sympathetic to us about what had happened. When we tried to contact them on the way home again I could not get in touch so rang the emergency number. The lady was very helpful and explained that the numbers given do NOT accept calls from English mobiles...RIDICULOUS but surely this can be stated on your paperwork.

As you can tell we are not impressed with your company whatsoever and will not use you again. Nor will we recommend you to anyone in the future. We have also told the person who recommended you to us what absolutely rubbish service we got from you.

I feel the least you can do is reimburse us for the extra money we had to pay when our transport did not arrive. If I need to put some sort of Claim in for this I need CORRECT information as to how to do it.

All the paperwork sent to us contained wrong information, wrong phone numbers and wrong pick up and arrival information. Several of the people we spoke to were unhelpful and unprofessional NOT IMPRESSED !!

I have had several e mails but now they want a receipt from the taxi !!!

I hear people saying they have not had problems but we certainly have and because of this we will never use this company again or recommend them to anyone

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Smitty...Your post is not relevant on this forum and would be better directed to the Spanish/Barcelona forum..

After all this is a forum for Taba/Taba Heights and immediate areas...

Dave

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
568 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Thanks Dave!! -

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A2B Transfers - Caution!!!!

Sorry, please accept my apologies Dave and Pamplemouse you are right, guess I just found something about a2b and went for it. Still think you have been lucky with the service you have received from a2b unlike myself and some others.