We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaria tablets

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
malaria tablets

hi any thoughts on whether they are worth taking or not

thanks x

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,971 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaria tablets

Hi there

You don't need malaria tablets for Sharm but if in any doubt you should seek advice from your doctor. However injections are recommended all the info is inc in the Tips at the top of the messages and the questions down the right hand side of the page but again take the advice of your doctor

Regards

barbarah

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaria tablets

thanks for the reply barbarah , we have had the injections i just wasnt sure whether they were worth taking just as a precautionary measure

thanks again x

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
874 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaria tablets

I wouldn't take anti malaria tablets unless recommended, which as previous poster advised they aren't for Sharm, as they have lots of side effects. I had to take them for Mombasa and had awful stomach problems, weird night terrors and headaches. Yes, better than getting malaria but only if you really need them!

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaria tablets

thanks for your input its our first time to sharm and didnt know whether they were recommended or not but obviously not thanks again

5. Re: malaria tablets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh