We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security

morecambe
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Security

I am going to sharm at the end of this month.Due to the unrest and this being my first visit to Egypt I am worried about how safe the country is.I am taking my partner and 2 year old daughter.Can anyone give me an account of a recent visit? Have I got anything to worry about?

Cheers

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security

Hi there

I can't help with recent info, but can say that I have always felt safe in Sharm. Sharm hasn't had the problems that Cairo and Luxor have had as it's just a tourist resort. You don't stay where you are staying, or whether you intend to do any trips? The hotels have good security.

I would say that it will be very hot, you will need to take the necessary precautions with a 2 year old. Please read the Tips at the top of the messages and the questions in blue down the right hand side, most of what you will need to know for your trip is there

Regards

barbarah

Dublin
Level Contributor
414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Security

M

We've just returned from a fortnight in Sharm and I can assure you, there's NOTHING to worry about.... well not from a security point of view anyway, some irritating traders alright but it's completely safe.

3. Re: Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh