We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Hi

Which hotel would you recoomend for parents travelling with a 16 year old. He'd rather not come with us really! I'm looking at Club Magic Life which seems to have good reviews but would be grateful for any recommendations.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Hi,

Check out Sultan Gardens in Sharks Bay.

Photos:

…photobucket.com/albums/…

It's about 10 mins or so from Na'ama Bay & a few from Soho Sq where there is bowling & an ice rink. There is also bowling in Na'ama Bay & a karting track between Na'ama & the airport....Ghibli Raceway. They have their own website.

Further general advice, maps, tips, photos of Soho Sq, Na'ama Bay, Old Sharm, etc can be found under Top Q down the right side of the forum or under the Tip sthread at the top of the forum:

Link to the Tips & General Advice “Sticky” thread at the top of the forum (with a little orange pin icon at its side), above all other topics. The thread is now in alphabetical subject order for clarity.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

Regards

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Im not much of an expert on hotels in Sharm (I've only been once!) but I think one of the main things you should look for when booking is a hotel with great snorkling/diving. The fish in sharm are really amazing and Im sure this will keep him entertained for hours.

coventry
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Hi

Not easy to advice on this one but i think a " must have " is a hotel with good snorkeling and a water park ...... most 16 yr olds would love both of these . Good luck

Bassett

northwest
Level Contributor
572 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Can only sympathise with you Karon90.............We've given up now :-)

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Aqua Blu, but then your losing out on the snorkeling for the aqua park on your doorstep.

wales
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Aqua blu is a super hotel you won't see your lad so much to do my two 12 and 14 when we visted loved it You proberley won't see much of him he will be too buzy having fun We have had holidays when my eldest keeps going back to the room cos hes bored or under a towel on the sunbed playing with his psp but can honestly say this didn't happen in this hotel the staff and animation team are really good and don't leave the kids out xx

scotland
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Sunrise Tirana aqua park hotel fabulous for teenagers , we travelled with reluctant teenagers last year and they loved this hotel.

London
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Took the same to the Red Sea Holiday Village, they had a footie channel on that had more UK foot than we get at home.

All inclusive is vital for reluctant 16 year old age group as they often didn't eat with us or went to a different restuarant.

Us a la carte, them slopping around in the buffet. BnB hotel and eating out at night would have been a nightmare, both logitically and financially !

Beach up at Nabq went down well also, like Doe1Northwest given up on it now, there really is nothing in Sharm for older teenagers unless they want to hang out at a club with leary Egyptians and Russian women.

Edited: 04 June 2011, 12:57
lancs
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

Hi, I know just what you mean! We are also taking a 16 year old in August.

I can recommend taking a friend from home with them. We did it last year and they just did there own thing, occasionally joining us to eat.

This year however all her friends have something on during the two week we are going.

I had hoped to book the Sunrise Island View but I messed around and the flights went up and the accommodation increased by about 30 per cent overnight.

Now we're back to square one!!

10. Re: relunctant 16 year old holidaying with parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2017, 03:30
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh