We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking.com

Leigh, England...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Booking.com

Hey,

Looking at booking the Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh in May, already got our flights booked with Monarhch, and was wondering if anyone has ever used bookings.com to book the accommodation as they're coming out very cheap.

London
Level Contributor
414 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking.com

Not for anywhere in Egypt but for several other places worldwide. Never had a problem yet and quite often you can pay very close to the departure date which is a bonus.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking.com

Hi,Like the previous reply, I have not used booking.com for Egypt, but I have used them when booking accommodation all over the world on numerous times.I have never had any problems with them, they are really good, and you often don't need to pay until you check into the hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
370 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking.com

I used them to book a hotel in Hurghada last year,without any problem.Paid the hotel in local currency when checking in.

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking.com

Hiya

I have used them a few times never had a problem.An advantage of using them is that you can keep an eye on the price and if it reduces just cancel and re-book.

Have a good holiday, from a born and bred leighther

ny
Level Contributor
417 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking.com

I used them for nine hotels in Egypt and Jordan with no problems

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking.com

Hi,we've also been looking at this hotel for May and noticed that booking.com were the cheapest. What worries me is that it states that under room type 'does not include 2% city tax and 12% service charge`,that's 14% on top of the Bill.I found Sunshine.Co.uk the cheapest with everything all in. hope this helps x

Preston
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking.com

Sara,

I have booked this hotel via booking.com and also booked my flights from Monarch. I was dubious myself about using them but I myself checked with friends and family and was surprised how many people had used them no problems.

I have checked my booking with them and mine states that the service charge and city tax are Included.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking.com

I use booking.com regularly and have never had any problems. Often you only have to pay on arrival.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking.com

Been using them for a few years in many countries, no problems ever, and easy to cancel or change bookings

10. Re: Booking.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada