We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Just wondered if anyone knows if it is possible to take a day trip to Santa Fe on any day of the week? Or are there specific days that the day trips operate?

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Quito
Level Contributor
701 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Hello,

The day trips depend on the yacht you book, they have fixed departures and do offer Santa Fe and Plazas Islands together for one day.

You may need to search in Puerto Ayora for this. If you go to a local operator, they will help you checking with the yachts.

Enjoy!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Thanks. I will attempt to find out.

3. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2018, 22:57

Graz
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

I am also researching day tours to Santa Fe.

I found day tours to Santa Fe from different operators ranging from $150 - $230. On tripadvisor I read about a couple of different experiences. Some included the "Hidden Beach" in the day tour. Some only visited one snorkeling spot while others visited two or three. Some included a walk on the land, but most were only snorkeling. Also, some reviewers wrote that their trip only cost ~$100 when booked directly on Santa Cruz.

I would be really interested in some experiences (ie. cost, sites visited), and the operator you went with.

I think both of us would appreciate that information!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Hi Tamii_frog. We haven't been yet and I haven't yet resolved the issue satisfactorily. I too noted differences between the tours and would be interested in reviews. I was wondering about leaving it until we get to Santa Cruz but there is an element of risk in that too.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
722 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Do the trips to Santa Fe start directly from the port or do you have to take the bus back up to near Baltra and get on a boat there?

Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Santa Fe day trips start directly from the dock in Puerto Ayora.

However, they end at the Itabaca Canal. So the tour bus will drive the group back to Puerto Ayora. This is in the itinerary for the Santa Fe day trip I am going to take and I am assuming it is the same for other companies.

I get the feeling you don’t like the long bus ride to the Itabaca Canal, haha.

8. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2018, 22:57

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
722 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

Haha, yeah Kat, I have problems with claustrophobia so I don't like the minibus rides out to the canal.

I get seasick very easily too but luckily my tablets work well against that. :)

Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?

@Freddy, I guess the bus size depends on the tour company. The company I went to Bartolome and North Seymour with had a big bus.

Reply to: Daily day trips to Santa Fe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted