We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

This is a review for our guide on the Galápagos Islands. Eduardo Haro was excellent and he picked us from the airport- helped us get to our Hotel via bus, boat and bus from airport. He is very knowledgeable on the history and animal life on the islands and is a local living there. Very helpful for dinner suggestions and everything on the islands. His phone number is 00593991461459 and email is edharo79@gmail.com. Good English, always smiling and ready to help.

6 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

Thank you for the review and recommendation! I am planning a solo trip to Galapagos in March and I am looking for an excellent guide to ensure my time there is the best it can be. I will be emailing him!

Boston...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2. Re: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

I don't know if this is the right place but our family just came back from the Galapagos Islands and we had a wonderful experience with GalapagosOptions trip service. Customer service, communication, guides, meals, boats everything was outstanding. I highly recommend this agency.

https://galapagosoptions.com/

San Francisco...
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

Avoid GalapagosOptions.com. Also known as Galapagos.TV. We booked led tours through them. The trip to Floreana while way overpriced relative to what you pay locally, the guide was good. However on the 2nd trip to Seumour they switched us at the last minute to a horrible crowded local snorkeling boat. Our last day there was pretty much wasted thanks to their dishonest business practices and disregard for their customers still need.

Look elsewhere, and better yet don’t listen to the BS from the tour companies that everything will be sold out, you can get a boat to any of the islands for a lot less money when you book locally.

Level Contributor
22 posts
4. Re: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

thank you sangeeta3 for this recommendation.

i am going to Galapagos this April but only recently played with the idea of hiring a guide. but I don't know if my budget will allow it. what would be - roughly - the daily rate one needs to expect?

What is his speciality? Is he an ornithologist?

thanks again.

Toronto
Level Contributor
469 posts
5. Re: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

There was a big group of new guides trained this past year. I wonder if you contact the Galapagos Park and ask for guides who are birders if they can help you out?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos

97% of land in Galapagos Islands belongs to National Park. Visit to the park is highly regulated. You cannot go to a visitor site (land or marine) within park boundary without being accompanied by a certified naturalist guide. I heard that a certified guide could only guide at most 16 visitors. You need to join land or boat tour to visit a park site, or perhaps hire a private guide for more special need. Some places such as giant tortoise reserve on Santa Cruz highland are on private farm land which you can visit without guide. Here is a link to visiting rules by Galapagos National Park and Marine Reserve: http://www.galapagos.gob.ec/reglas-de-visita/

Reply to: Review for good Naturalist guide in Galapagos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Ayora