We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
4 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

It looks like hotel transfers from the Baltra Airport are about $70. I saw an old post from 2015 that talked about a free bus from the airport to the canal, and then a $1 ferry across the canal...and then either bus $2 or taxi ~$18 to Puerto Ayora. Does anyone know if this is still accurate, or have anymore details?

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Ayora
Puerto Ayora
Santa Cruz, Ecuador
15 replies to this topic
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

You can take a bus from Puerto Ayora to the airport. The bus leaves from the bus terminal, which is not located in the center of town. You can take a taxi from your hotel to the bus terminal for ~$1.50. I believe I took the 8AM bus to the airport (ferry crossing to the airport) and the bus cost $2. I'd allow at least two hours for the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Ayora
Puerto Ayora
Santa Cruz, Ecuador
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

Recently returned.

Transportation is very easy to figure out even without any Spanish skills. 1) from arrival, take the free bus. 2) take the ferry for $1 PP; 3) at the ferry dock, there are taxis waiting. It's $25 per taxi and it should drop you off at your hotel in Puerto Ayora.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Ayora
Puerto Ayora
Santa Cruz, Ecuador
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

Just be mindful of the way back for your return flight back. We ended up having to get a taxi as they only run three buses per day back to airport.

First is 6:30am, next is 7:30am and last one is 8:30am. If all three buses fill up they just leave and finish for the day.. we cound this out the hard way having arrived at 8am the last bus had already filled and gone! Annoyed as we hadn’t budgeted for it and weren’t told by anyone!

New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

Hi! On your way back to the airport, is there ferrys running all day long? Do know how early in the morning they are up and running?

Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora

Ferry will run until everyone is at airport - I would allow 2 hours for your journey to ensure you don’t get stuck tho. Have fun!

Reply to: Transfer from Baltra Airport to Puerto Ayora
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted