We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours on Isabela Island on Easter Sunday

1 post
Tours on Isabela Island on Easter Sunday

Hi, we are a group of 10 traveling to Isabela island on Easter 2019. I am concerned that tour operators might not be available to take us on Easter Sunday and we only have two days on the island. Did anyone travel on Easter and knows if tours are available? Or it's everything closed?Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Tours on Isabela Island on Easter Sunday

Dear Meinnes,

Isabela lives in part from tourism. They will be operating. However, with a group of 10, it would be best to book now to ensure you can have the tours you want.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Central Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Tours on Isabela Island on Easter Sunday

We are a group of four traveling same time. Maybe we can join up for some...tours. I had similar question about Easter. Was wondering if Easter Sunday would be a good travel day to transfer from San Cristobal. I heard Easter was a busy travel time for locals, so tours (and hotels) book up.

Edited: 19 November 2018, 05:07
Level Contributor
123 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Tours on Isabela Island on Easter Sunday

I just answered another post about Easter https:/…96353643

The tours will be operating normally on Isabela and the rest of the islands, ferries too.

I think that the day trip boats in Isabela take 10 to 12 passengers only and just few hold permits to visit the sites on specific days of the week. For any big group coming to

Galapagos booking in advance is the way to go.

Reply to: Tours on Isabela Island on Easter Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isabela