We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa to Ivory coast

Washington DC
3 posts
Visa to Ivory coast

I am planning to travel to the Ivory Coast in June 2009. I know that a Visa is required if you are from the USA (which I am). The requirement is that you have a copy of your reservation from the hotel you are staying at. Does anyone know of a nice CLEAN hotel that is not expensive in a safe area in Abidjan? Do they speak english? I will need them to email me confirmation of my reservation so I can obtain the visa. Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Visa to Ivory coast

You don't have to worry about that. Just check any hotel name and write it when you fill the visa form. They don't really care. Then you can find a hotel on your own.

Good luck

Kaja

Washington DC
3 posts
2. Re: Visa to Ivory coast

Thank you for your response. I dont know how it is where you live, but here in the States,(Washington DC) they are very picky about paper work and they want it done properly. I will be leaving for the Ivory Coast on May, 9th. I was issued my visa by way of a letter of invitation from a friend in Abidjan. I tried to do the hotel thing and the would not go for it, so I did it the proper way.

Any suggestion on what to do or see in the Abidjan area??

3. Re: Visa to Ivory coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Abidjan