We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need your help please, business trip in Abidjan

london
Level Contributor
47 posts
59 reviews
Need your help please, business trip in Abidjan

hello all,

I am planning a business trip in Abidjan to meet some travel agencies and have few questions about Abidjan as this will be the first time I am travelling to this city.

how to get from the airport to the hotel? I am not sure yet as to which hotel I will be staying, probably The Novotel, I am not fan of hotel food so would love to try local food, is there any local restaurants nearby?

shall I exchange money at the airport or elsewhere? in some countries, there is official and paralel exchange rate, where is it best to exchange?

how to deal with taxis? shall we bargain or they use meter? how much does it cost for a local city ride?

any other details are appreciated.

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
8 posts
197 reviews
1. Re: Need your help please, business trip in Abidjan

Hello, I see you did not get any replies to your post. If you have now travelled to IC, could you advise me on the best means of transport, taxi and private driver? Thanks Jane

Accra, Ghana
2 posts
2. Re: Need your help please, business trip in Abidjan

Hi all,

I am Ibrahim from Ivory Coast. you all know we speak french in Abidjan. the best thing to do would be to contact the hotel where you will be staying in abidjan and ask your questions or talk to the agencies you will be meeting there.here is another alternative:

novotel is located in the center of abidjan and it is the business area of abidjan. most of the agencies you are meeting will most probably have an office there. many other places offer local food around the area (2000FCFA - 3000FCFA). No meter at all. from your hotel to the airport around 3000FCFA max

for city rides ask the agencies you are meeting

3. Re: Need your help please, business trip in Abidjan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: yesterday, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Abidjan