We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming back for a few days

Hartford...
Level Contributor
518 posts
56 reviews
Coming back for a few days

I will be visiting Atlantic City at the end of the month with husband and another couple using a Groupon we got for a good deal at Bally's on the boardwalk. It has been 6 years since I've been and I hear there are alot of changes (mostly not good). Anybody know if the lighted fountain display is still at the Pier Shops. Anything of interest (architecturally, display-wise, unique?)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Coming back for a few days

The Pier Shops are now known as the Playground and unfortunately the fountain has been gone since 2014. There's a lot of great new restaurants at Bally's and Caesars (Guy Fieri and Gordon Ramsay for example). The Tropicana keeps investing money into making itself better, I would go check it out. Resorts also has improved, they have Margaritaville, which is a lot of fun. Enjoy yourselves!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Coming back for a few days

There is a large art gallery right in Claridge claridge.com/atlantic-city-art-gallery/ and y'all don't even have to go outside as The Claridge is connected indoors to Ballys. And this one requires coats or an auto. There is the Arts Garage in The Wave garage [base of AC Expwy] http://artsgarageac.com/

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Coming back for a few days

There is a breakfast & lunch only place in Gardners Basin called Gilchrists where y'all can have bfast with a view of the Marina & waterfront houses & water flyingkitemedia.com/galleries/Features/2013/… Nah, y'all wont be sitting outdoors during February, there is indoors seating …tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/8c/c9/c4/g… If you're wanting to go to Gilchrists on the same day as Lucy, it's totally in the opposite direction. Anyways, Gilchrists is known for their pancakes www4.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/ENKiKRWvll_l.jpg ←blueberry pancakes.

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
699 posts
4. Re: Coming back for a few days

If it has been 6 years since your last visit you should check out the Quarter at the Tropicana. Unique shops , IMAX theater, good restaurants, and bars all inside and it will be nice & warm compared to the outdoor temperatures in late February.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Coming back for a few days

Harrys Oyster Bar http://www.harrysoysterbar.com/ is right in Ballys and opened in 2011, and is not 11+yrs old. Harrys was not open during your last AC visit. And there is no need for coats to visit it. Don't know the days y'all are visiting, as Harrys has a Buck~A~Shuck oysters during HH on weekdays. IMHO, their bestest menu item during not HH is the raw bar chilled lobster with dijonaisse [they also include cocktail sauce, but I request it without that]. And I took a photo of 1 last Memorial Day weekend tripadvisor.com/SavedPhotos-g2203719-i133476… It was cussingly gorgeous weather and the photo was outdoors→ this wont happen in February. And while their online menu states this fabulous chilled whole lobster is $18.50, it was $19.50 last Memorial Day weekend, so I know the online menu is not up~to~date, but the price is still fabulous for a whole lobster. From my experiences, I find the service at the curvy bar to be superior to dining at a table

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Coming back for a few days

And if y'all like liquor [Mmmm, liquor!] this here place is really new as it's opening [or already opened] this weekend. Boardwalk Saloon https:/… at Ballys. If y'all go and type about it here, y'all just might be the 1st posters to type about it. Or maybe not. I posted about it here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29750-i78-k925302… and it seems to have piqued some interest with posters. BTW, just from the photo, I agree with this comment on FB→ ' ..need stools with backs on em.. '

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Coming back for a few days

The Tanger Outlets which is called THE WALK is a great place to shop. There are quality retailers and we always get something when we shop there. There's also the Bass Pro Shops (It sits among the outlet shops)which is a fun place to browse!

8. Re: Coming back for a few days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2017, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City