We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report July 7 - 9

Tennessee
Level Contributor
135 posts
Trip Report July 7 - 9

Just back from a two night trip. Had a great time just wish the winnings had been better....don't we always?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
135 posts
1. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Diamond Lounge: Food was really, really good. I had two long island teas in addition to the wonderful food so I really can't complain about the 1000 comps. On this trip I think I hit the 25,000 mark so the comps is not an issue the rest of this year.

Bills Burgers: Had a Cheeseburger and Steak Fries - really super good! Next day I had the boneless buffalo wings and they were also very good.

Club Cappacino (sp?): Awesome.....as always. Great coffee and yummy pastries.

My new favorite game has to be American Idol. I really had fun on this one and was able to play for an extended time. Like most machines there is a time that it stops hitting as frequently and it's up to the player to recognize it and cash out. I don't seem to be catching on to that very well.

I also played Hangover and was pleasantly surprised. I had read on here that it doesn't give many bonuses but the machine I played the first night and last night gave a lot of bonuses. I played a different machine on Friday and it was cold..

I played a couple other random machines and won a little, lost a little. I did go to Golden Nugget for a few minutes on Saturday. I got their card and won $5 in play. When I went to the machine to download my money I noticed the instructions they gave me said to press 5 to download all money. So, I pressed 5 expecting my $5 to show up. Pleasant surprise - I had $15. I played that for about 10 minutes on a SITC machine then added $20 of my money. That's when the winning began and I cashed out at around $140. Took that money back to Harrah's and after playing and losing I finally got a winning machine. Cashed out at $384 so I could catch the bus with my group to the airport.

No Boardwalking on Friday because of the weather and I really did miss the beach trip!

Maybe next trip I will do more so I will have more helpful information to share!

New York
Level Contributor
606 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Thanks for sharing! Congrats on having some winnings! I must have been on AI during one of their "down periods" coz it just ate up my money!

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
811 posts
114 reviews
3. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Thanks for the report, Leogirl. I really liked Bills Burger Bar, also. Which Hangover machine did you do better at? The one closest to the self parking garage, or the other set?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

That sounds like a nice trip! Thanks for reporting on Bill's Burgers and the Diamond Lounge - glad you felt that you got your money's worth for the 1000 comps.

Virginia
Level Contributor
98 posts
5. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Thanks for the TR. I will have to check out Bill's Burgers on my next trip.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
135 posts
6. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Which Hangover Machine is a good question! I didn't use the self parking garage and to be honest I stayed turned around most of the time...which is the intent. I think one set was near a quad of Mermaids Gold. ...That was not the one. Hope that helps!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
135 posts
7. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Which Hangover Machine is a good question! I didn't use the self parking garage and to be honest I stayed turned around most of the time...which is the intent. I think one set was near a quad of Mermaids Gold. ...That was not the one. Hope that helps!

new jersey
Level Contributor
724 posts
8. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

if you are going to drink 10 in comps are good deal. cant wait will be there 7-17----7-22

dumfries, va
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
9. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Never going to play again and absolutely hate the AMERICAN IDOL slots but sure love the HANGOVER slots. Love the fact that you can get different types of bonus in HO and that the way you choose it is similar to the fishfood bonus in the original GOLDFISH which is one of my all-time favourite games. Plus the random bonus where lots of squares turn into wilds in HO is what makes it different and better, IMHO, to the similar Sex and The City.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Trip Report July 7 - 9

Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts here. Sorry you didn’t get better weather, but you seem to have had an enjoyable visit.