We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip

7 posts
Road Trip

Hi all

My husband, mum and I are planning a East Coast USA road trip for July next year. We have most of our destinations agreed but we are stuck for one night! We are leaving Atlantic City and heading to Boston and would appreciate any recommendations for a place to stop aling the way for an overnight stay.

Ideally, we would like a coastal town where we can just relax for the day/evening.

We had looked at Newport but the cost of accommodation was out of our price range (looking to keep it around $150 per night) We also looked at Bridgeport ?

We are finishing out trip in New Jersey/NYC after our stop in Boston.

If anyone has any suggestions for a town, We would be most grateful.

Thanks !

7 replies to this topic
port republic
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Road Trip

Mystic Conn.

Long Island
Level Contributor
779 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Road Trip

I would recommend Mystic ct.

conn
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
175 reviews
3. Re: Road Trip

No No No forget about Bridgeport and stay in Mystic CT for a over night stop.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: Road Trip

The Rhode Island shore.....Narraganset, Point Judith, etc. I don't like the summer crowds at Mystic.

Edited: 11 November 2018, 18:27
7 posts
5. Re: Road Trip

Thanks all ! I will definitely check out Mystic as that seems to be a popular choice !

Thanks again ! X

conn
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
175 reviews
6. Re: Road Trip

I don't want to seem down on Bridgeport all of a sounden Its just not a good over night stop for tourists Its still a nice stop for lunch and maybe a visit to the zoo or a museum.

7 posts
7. Re: Road Trip

Thanks ! I had just looked at the towns along the coast and Bridgeport did look like a pretty place to stop :)

Reply to: Road Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City