We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbin In November

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Harbin In November

Hi,

I plan to visit Harbin on from 12 November 2016 to 14 November 2016.

I understand that the Ice Festival will only start from end of December. However, i would like to know if i can still visit the Sun Island, St. Sophia Cathedral, winter swimming and some small scale of ice sculptures in November?

Thanks and hope to have the advice.

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Ice Festival Harbin
Ice Festival Harbin
59 Reviews
Harbin, China
Saint Sophia Cathedral
Saint Sophia Cathedral
546 Reviews
Harbin, China
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbin In November

Hi,

Sun island should be open in November. The St Sophia church and others in the city will be open. I am afraid there will not be any ice sculptures though, not in November anyway.

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbin In November

Hi SingaporeBimbo,

Welcome to Harbin! Let me answer your questions accordingly.

Sun Island and St. Sophia Cathedra open to public all year around.

As far as I know, the INDOOR ICE FESTIVAL on Sun Island opens from the early March to late December annually, so you can see some small scale of ice sculptures in November, that is no problem. With more than 100 colorful and illuminated icy masterpieces available inside the ice palace, the INDOOR ICE FESTIVAL on Sun Island is the largest indoor ice carving exhibition in the world presently. The temperature inside can drop to minus 15 degree, you can enjoy the ice slide and experience the coldness there, that has lots of fun.

BTW, winter swimming normally starts at the end of December annually.

Have a good time in Harbin! I am local Harbinese, should you have any questions about Harbin, please kindly write to harbin58@hotmail.com I would like to answer your questions as much as I know.

Harbin T

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Ice Festival Harbin
Ice Festival Harbin
59 Reviews
Harbin, China
Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbin In November

Hi Harbin T,

Thanks so much for the information.

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Harbin, China
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbin In November

Hi SingaporeBimbo,

You are welcome!

BTW, there are some other highlights worth visiting in November, such as Siberian Tiger Park, Polar Aquarium, Central Street, Synagogue, Songhua River, Stalin Park, etc.

Have a nice trip to Harbin:)

Harbin T

Mentioned in this post
Stalin Park
Stalin Park
111 Reviews
Harbin, China
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbin In November

Hi Harbin T,

Thanks so much for the info.

Btw, will there be any snow in mid Nov? Can we visit the Yabuli Ski Resort for skiing? How many days we need to stay in Yabuli at least? We are first time skiing, so just for experience. Can do day trip from Harbin?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbin In November

Hi Harbin T,

Thanks so much for the info.

Btw, will there be any snow in mid Nov? Can we visit the Yabuli Ski Resort for skiing? How many days we need to stay in Yabuli at least? We are first time skiing, so just for experience. Can do day trip from Harbin?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Harbin, China
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbin In November

Hi SingaporeBimbo,

Harbin and Yabuli usually have snow in early December annually, not in mid November. And Yabuli normally offers skiing program from the beginning of December annually, not in mid November.

Harbin T

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbin In November

Hi,

You will have plenty to keep you occupied in Harbin. If you are interested in WW 2 history a visit to Unit 731 is an absolute must.

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
9. Re: Harbin In November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2017, 05:17