We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Los Angeles...
14 posts
Harbin 72 hour transit visa

I will be in Hong Kong and would love to fly to Harbin for a few days to the Ice Festival prior to going to Taipei. I know the transit visa rules state that I have arrive from one country and go to another country to qualify for the visa, however, there are no direct flights from Hong Kong to Harbin. Would a 1.5 hour stopover in Jinan, China disqualify me from taking advantage of the transit visa? Sorry if this question is confusing.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,382 posts
42 reviews
11. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Harbin T,

Where did you find the direct flights from Hong Kong to Harbin?

Thanks, Andy.

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
279 posts
12. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Hi EmilyG5,

Sorry for the late reply coz I just found your message.

According to China Civil Aviation Harbin Ticket Office, there is a newly opened direct flight from HK to Harbin opened two month ago run by China Shenzhen Airlines, the flight number is ZH9464, depart from HK at 15:50, and arrive in Harbin at 22:20, with a stopover in Yantai for about one hour. Please note, I did not say NON STOP FLIGHT in #6, I say DIRECT FLIGHT, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the good advice from kvchina and AjarnAndy, better visit Harbin before Feb 20, coz the year 2016 has warm winter, the ice carvings and snow sculptures are probably not fresh and pretty at the end of Feb, and they possibly melt a bit earlier compare with previous years. But right now, Harbin is still very cold, the ice carvings and snow sculptures are still very fresh and beautiful at the moment, that is no problem.

Lastly, thank you everyone interest in this topic, wish TA members all the best in the coming year:)

Harbin T

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,774 posts
824 reviews
13. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Then that flight is not valid for a visa-free transit.

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
279 posts
14. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Thanks for the feedback from JPDeM:)

Harbin T

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,382 posts
42 reviews
15. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Harbin T,

Thank you for clarifying the flight details. A very happy Chinese New Year to you, regards, Andy.

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
279 posts
16. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your kind greeting! A very happy Chinese New Year to you too:)

Harbin T

Los Angeles...
14 posts
17. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Thank you everyone. You have been so helpful.

Emily

Seoul, South Korea
1 post
18. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Hi Harbin

I am planning a family trip to Harbin next month, August. We will be traveling alone and would like some advice on what to see and do as well as what we should be aware with(safety issues).

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
279 posts
19. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Hi Soul69,

There are many beautiful attractions worth visiting in August, such as Siberian Tiger Park, Indoor Ice Festival, Central Street, Sofia Church, Synagogue, Songhua River, Sun Island, Polar Aquarium, Stalin Park, etc.

Beware of the unlicensed taxis at the airport and train station, they are generally not good.

Have a wonderful trip in Harbin:)

Harbin T

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,382 posts
42 reviews
20. Re: Harbin 72 hour transit visa

Hi,

I can't think of any safety issues apart from the fact that you should be careful when crossing the street, even if the pedestrian lights are green.

Get answers to your questions about Harbin
Recent Conversations