We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HSR in Hainan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
HSR in Hainan

Hi,

I am visiting Hainan in 2 days time.

I will be arriving into Hainan around noon and heading to Sanya, putting up at Zhouheng hotel. Then, subsequently heading back to Haikou, putting up at Oscar Hotel.

My questions:

1. From Meilan HSR station to Sanya, is there only 1 station on arrival? From Sanya station to Zhouheng Hotel (No. 698 Jiefang Road), how much is the estimated taxi fare? Is taxi the best choice or any other alternative?

2. From Sanya to Haikou, I haven't decided on what time to depart any recommendation, if that will matter on the arrival time (that is, any specific train to catch to cut down travel time)?

3. From Sanya to Haikou Oscar Hotel (No.12 Haixiu Rd), which station should I alight? and how much if by taxi to get to the hotel from the HSR station?

4. I read that there are trains which take only 90 mins while most of others took 2 hrs to reach but according to the train timing I do not see any trains with journey duration 90 mins, is this a special train on certain days only?

5. Since I need to make return trip to Haikou, would it be cheaper if I buy a round trip ticket?

6. Are there food services onboard the HSR?

Thanks a lot for helping!

Rgds, Lin

1. Re: HSR in Hainan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:16