We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanya, Hainan

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Sanya, Hainan

3 days tour plan for Sanya, China in the month of May. Guidelines please.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanya, Hainan

Guidelines?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,062 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanya, Hainan

How does one "tour" Sanya?

New England
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanya, Hainan

WE are planning to tour portions of China. I read about scuba diving in Hainan How is the reef/ overall dive experience? I am an experienced diver (certified with 300+ dives. I would very much appreciate Insight / advice from past divers on whether the effort & expense is worth it ??We are not going for the beach nor Sunbathing Thanks a lot

Save Reply
4. Re: Sanya, Hainan

How long jurney from Haikou Aiport to Sanya?

Padang, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanya, Hainan

Im new and i dont understand how to write a new forum. So forgive my Bad if i kinda spam in your forum.

So me and family planing to go to sanya this august. We bought our flight ticket from Singapore to Haikou. And plan to go to Sanya once we arrive in Haikou.

I did some internet searching and found this website where you can buy online your train tiket from Haikou to Sanya. We was about to buy the RMB 99 train ticket but it turns out that if you buy online, there are some additional charge that makes it RM 150!

1) Is there anyway I can get the ticket @ RMB99?

2) I read there are 2 train stations, 1 is Haikou and another is Haikou East. Which one is neare to the Airport?

anyone please help me? Y

Angels Camp...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanya, Hainan

For our grandfather and grandmother's 87th birthday we are taking an asian cruise and one of our stops is in Sanya, Hainan in China. My grandfather's ancestors came from Hainan and he has always wanted to see where his family is from. The cruise is docking in Sanya for about 9 hours. Does anybody know of a museum/s or cultural places in Sanya or Hainan in general which show the history of the Han Dynasty? This would mean a lot to my family especially my grandfather. Thank you for all your help! :)

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sanya, Hainan

To: Anasasia-Anas,

Since you don't know how long you will stay in the custom house and claim the luggages, so I suggest you to buy the ticket in Meilan Airport Station, it just locates under ground of airport, so as to avoid any trouble.

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sanya, Hainan

To: Trina,

Hi, I am a local, and I am sure there isn't any museum based in Sanya, however, there is a museum based in Haikou, and it is about 2 hours drive by high speed train from Sanya. And, there is a library in Sanya, you can pay it a visit a learn sth. about Hainan. For your info, I guess your acestor came from Wenchang or Qionghai, all Hainan city.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sanya, Hainan

Hello there.

Very interested to read post from a local. We are planning a family trip to Hainan in July 2014. My parents are from Hainan but I grew up in Malaysia and currently live in Australia. We have some distant relatives in Hainan. My family is from Wanning. A distant cousin has offered to take us from Haikou to Wanning to see my parents' village. There are 5 of us travelling so we need a minivan to get around. Is it best to hire a minivan with a driver and use my cousin as a guide or should I let the cousin drive? (he has offered). Don't want to break any laws!! We have 4 nights. I was thinking first night in Haikou (late pm arrival); 2 nights in Wanning and last night and half day in Haikou to look around. We are not planning to go to Sanya although I heard there is now a high speed train between Haikou and Sanya. Does it stop in Wanning?

Many thanks in advance. Any other travel advice appreciated.

10. Re: Sanya, Hainan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:16