We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the bullet train punctual?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is the bullet train punctual?

I am planning my trip to China and considering to take a flight from Haikou to Guilin scheduled at 13:30. I think I'll have plenty of time that morning to reach Haikou from Sanya either by plane or bullet train.

Does the bullet train run on time? There is a route from Sanya to Meilan Airport (D7312 scheduled at 10:00-12:04). Is this too risky for me to take or should I take a much earlier one? The earlier train that goes to Haikou Airport is D7304 - scheduled for 7:30-9:23; a bit too early and it means waiting 4 hours at the airport.

Thanks for your tips.

Mentioned in this post
Haikou
Haikou
Hainan, China
Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the bullet train punctual?

Yes, the bullet train is on time,generally. However, due to bad weather, such as typhoon, it will delay.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the bullet train punctual?

Delay is very rare but is possible under bad weather especially thunder or typhoon.

Edited: 14 July 2012, 14:47
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the bullet train punctual?

For mid august, does Hainan usually get typhoon or thunder?

Mentioned in this post
Hainan
Hainan
China
4. Re: Is the bullet train punctual?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 19:16