We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Weather

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
August Weather

I'm confused by the conflicting comments on Sanya's weather in August. I am looking to go there for a 2 week beach holiday at the beginning of the month. Whilst I can tolerate some heavy showers, I would be disappointed if these lasted all day with no sunshine (kids wanting to play in the sand etc.)

I have contacted a couple of the top hotels, which tell me not to worry about it and that August is still sunny. Yet, when I search the topic on the internet and speak to UK based travel agents, they all advise against going in August due to the rainfall.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the position? Naturally, the weather from one year to the next changes, but some guidance of what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
59 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Weather

I was in Sanya in July 2011 and it was super warm and sunny. Too hot in fact, that we didn't feel like going out much, especially the thought of going out to the sea island hopping. We went out running early morning at 7.30am and the sun was already out with basking heat.

Mentioned in this post
Sanya
Sanya
Hainan, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,722 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Weather

Rather than rely on anecdotal comments check the exact daily historical weather on a weather website. I would not come all the way from London for a beach vacation in Sanya. There are other better options in Asia.

Mentioned in this post
Sanya
Sanya
Hainan, China
Asia
Asia
World
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
59 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August Weather

I totally agree!

4. Re: August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:42