We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Info

Antwerp Belgium
Level Contributor
64 posts
Hotel Info

Later this year we will spent our holiday in Sanya.

Searching for a hotel we found the Crowne Plaza in Sanya but this hotel seems no longer part of the Crowne Plaza chain and is called now HUAYA Resort.

Can somebody tell me the e-mail adress of this hotel?

Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,657 posts
824 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Info

They may not have a website yet but it is easy to book through one of the many online trav el agent such as ctrip.com

Antwerp Belgium
Level Contributor
64 posts
2. Re: Hotel Info

Thanks for the info.

Being disabled (wheelchairuser) I would like to know from the hotel directly if the hotel and ALL facilities are accessible/suitable with wheelchair.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Info

A word to the wise. Give examples of what you expect, not just the term "handicap accessible." For example, ask if there are ramps everywhere there are stairs, even if there are just three steps.

"Handicap accessible" to some nonwesterners means your helper can get you where you are going. Many places do not have independently accessible facilities.

Unfortunately, although it is changing, China is way behind times in handicap access. So be explicit on what you expect. For example, "Can I wheel myself from my vehicle through the lobby and directly to my room? Can I enter my bathroom in my wheelchair, with bars and handles for me to move about? Are the beds far enough apart so I can get into one by myself?"

Antwerp Belgium
Level Contributor
64 posts
4. Re: Hotel Info

Again thanks.

I will ask the questions as you mentioned but first I need to know their e-mail adress.

Antwerp Belgium
Level Contributor
64 posts
5. Re: Hotel Info

Hello,

As you seems to be a Sanya expert I have another questionfor you If I may.

I have read that the Crowne Plaza is very nearby a shopping mall with restaurants and shops which should be very convenient for me as we like to eat out in the evening outside the hotel. Is this correct?

Another place "The Holiday Inn Yalong Bay" is this far from above mentioned shopping mall ; can we reach it with a wheelchair or do we need a taxi.

Best regards

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,657 posts
824 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Info

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza so maybe I can try to help but frankly I do not recall anything about wheelchair access.

There is no shopping mall as such but a kind of shopping arcade attached to the hotel. Prices are quite high. There are other 5-star hotels in the area that can be walked to. You are quite isolated from the rest of the world when in this area.

7. Re: Hotel Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:28