We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which bay/hotel to go?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Which bay/hotel to go?

Which area to stay to enjoy the best of sanya? Going in nov!

5 replies to this topic
hongkong
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Which bay/hotel to go?

If you want 5 star hotels away from the city then its yalong wan

If you want big crowds close to restaurants

Then dadong hai

If you want close to the airport / not a lot of people / 20 mins to the city n lots of restaurants then sanya bay

Forest Hills, New...
Level Contributor
408 posts
588 reviews
2. Re: Which bay/hotel to go?

I personally like to be in the city itself, and so I have never stayed at Yalong Bay.

Da Dong Hai is probably best if you want to be in the city and hang out at the beach or dine overlooking the water. It is more touristy than the Sanya Bay side.

I usually stay on Sanya Bay and recommend the Four Points by Sheraton if you want to be right in the city, in the heart (most crowded part) of the Sanya Bay side. It is across the street from the beach. The beach doesn't have as much as Da Dong Hai or Yalong Bay, however. (No recliners or parasols for rent. No restaurants right ON the beach.) There are nice resorts with huge pools further out on the Sanya Bay side. The beach tends to get narrower and more deserted the further out you go.

Da Dong Hai and Yalong Bay get more foreign tourists, and Sanya Bay gets more Chinese retirees who stay for the winter.

I suggest you read Trip Advisor hotel reviews and look at the reviewers' photos carefully to help you decide.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
293 posts
252 reviews
3. Re: Which bay/hotel to go?

How many days? You can easily stay in 2 locations and get the best of both. I prefer Yalong wan since 2004 as the beach where I swim, relax and take sunshine.

Dadonghai on the other hand is near Sanya city, but is not ideal for those who prefer to swim in the sea (waste, rocks etc.). Great if you stay at swimming pool (area is bit artificial).

If you have little bit patience you can also get to city from Yalong wan on daily basis (used to do that for dinners and cheaper groceries).

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: Which bay/hotel to go?

Hello.. I will be there for 4d3n... So which one should I go first?

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
293 posts
252 reviews
5. Re: Which bay/hotel to go?

I would go first to Yalong bay for 2 nights.

Reply to: Which bay/hotel to go?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanya