We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to haikou/hainan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
trip to haikou/hainan

Hi

I will be flying to haikou via jetstar. I am looking at hotel resort in haikou or sanya which is convenient by subway or train station as I would like to travel around by public transport.

If I stay at sanya hotel, is there a subway station or train station so that I do not have to take taxi there.

Qionghai, China
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

hi, there is not yet a subway in any Hainan city urban transport system, you can take bus but you need to have clear idea at which stop you can find the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

There is bullet train nearly every half hour between Haikou and Sanya. It costs about 2 hours and RMB100/ticket. The bullet train should work for you.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

Hi

we have family of 6 , can advise how to go to HNA Beach resort & spa from Mei lan airport , and then after from HNA to Qionghai by public transport or better to hire a transport ?

WYL
Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

Hi Rina

I saw your question on the mei lan airport to HNA Beach resort. I would like to let you know that you will be arriving in the new wing of internal airport . I saw a stream of cab . but the cab is not the big one. it can take 4 Adult and the boot can accomodate 2 big luggage.so most likely you need 2 cab . the cab goes by meter . the public transport is not advisable as Qionghai is quite far and i afraid you might loss your way. I know a driver Mr Zhou who has a mini van in Haikuo, he is my villager. he charged RMB for a day in haikuo. if you are interested, contact him , 13158913396. just let him know his niece ah lan recommend.

WYL
Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

since i am back from Hainan, i love to share my experience. I found that the trip advisor has inadequate information on Hainan and sanya for singaporean

Stockholm
Level Contributor
89 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

So what is your experience?

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

As a local, I would like you to go to Qionghai and Sanya by high speed train, then take van or cab to hotel or Kampong, then you can visit tourist attraction by public bus, it will be economy for you !For your info, there is a train station in Lei Lan airport, easy for you。

Stockholm
Level Contributor
89 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

What is Kampong?

So there is a high speed train from Haikou airport to Sanya? And from what I read somewhere it is cheaper to fly to Haikou then to Sanya? Is there also more flight options to Haikou?

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

Kampong= countryside,village,Kampong is Malay Language.

Yes, high speed train from Hakou airport to Sanya is available! Fly to Haikou is cheaper than to Sanya.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
89 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip to haikou/hainan

Thank you :)

Get answers to your questions about Haikou
More Haikou Topics