We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

APT Cruise

Which Siem Reap hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
APT Cruise

Only at research stage at this point, but has anyone done the APT cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia? Have travelled to Thailand and Vietnam, so thought this maybe a different way to travel. Thanks Lisa

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: APT Cruise

are you talking about the cruise up/down the Mekong, they are not operated by APT they just utilise the different cruise ships. so look at the individual boats. I'll be doing the Jayavarman cruise from SIem Reap to HCMC in April. Also check prices as I thinkg APT are overpriced

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: APT Cruise

hi marleneRay,is the jayavarman going from siem reap in april? i think the water levels are too low maybe they will have to start at phnom penh and bus from siem reap

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: APT Cruise

Paul, actually going overland to Prek K'Dam and join boar there.

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: APT Cruise

Further to other reply, your request is very specific to the APT product, it you search for a more general query i.e. mekong cruise or the names of a couple of the vessels you will get more replies, also if you try the HCMC site there will also be postings

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
380 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: APT Cruise

There are several cruises from Saigon to Phnom Penh or Angkor.

- Jayavarman Cruise

- Amalotus Cruise

- Toum Tiou Cruise

- Pandaw Cruise

- Jahan

- La Maguerite

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: APT Cruise

Hi,

MarleneRay - According to the latest information I can find ... The Amalotus and La Marguerite are owned by Indo China Sails who lease them to AMAWaterways.

As APT are reported to be shareholders in AMAWaterways, I guess you can say those two vessels are in fact operated by APT (in conjunction with AMA)..

APT also own "Travelmarvel" who do less expensive packages on both vessels (utilising slightly lower standard hotels, etc on the land portion).

egg1964 - For a number of detailed reviews on both the abovenamed vessels, go to www.cruisecritic.com and enter their names into the search box.

Regards Jeff

Edited: 03 March 2012, 14:57
Warners Bay...
Level Contributor
463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: APT Cruise

Hi in yesterdays Sydney paper I notice a cruise being advertised with APT with Luke Nguyen, start Hanoi work your way down then Saigon to Siem Reap, I think there was one for June 2012 and Dec 2012 about $8395 (19 days I think it was) if you book before end march they throw in a free flight. I don't know if that is of any help, just thought I would pop that in, just love Luke Nguyen his DVDs are wonderful, so is his new series.

Cheers Sylvia

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: APT Cruise

well in june there is no way a cruise can happen into siem reap ,simply the water levels are too low

Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: APT Cruise

Did this cruise last year with APT, Saigon to Siem Reap, really quite disappointed with the boat. Tonle Sap lake too low for navigation so spent 6 hours on a bus to Siem Reap Food was very repetitive, cabins small and becoming a little dated. Local tour guides very good. Hotels in Saigon and Siem Reap excellent.

santa clarita...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: APT Cruise

I just got off the AmaLotus/ AmaWaterways river boat. It was an amazing trip! Do it!