We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Theatre in Anaconda?

Level Contributor
1,450 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Old Theatre in Anaconda?

I've read a few things about a beautiful old theatre in Anaconda. Some articles state that it's open and shows movies, others say it's out of business, one article said that there's a caretaker who will give you tours if you can track down caretaker. I've found a phone number and tried it, but there's no answer. Any one have any current information about this theatre? I just love old theatres!

Montana
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Theatre in Anaconda?

The Washoe Theater is open and is showing movies on a regular basis. There was also a live theater production there not too long ago. Here's the movie listing number: 406-563-6161. Let it ring a few times and a recording comes on.

The Anaconda Chamber of Commerce/Visitor's Center may have some information on tours. That number is: 406-563-2400.

If you go to Anaconda and you like sweets try to stop by the Sweet Palace in Philipsburg. They make fudge, taffy, etc. and have a huge variety of hard candy. They also have a nice sugar-free selection. The hours are:

Open Sunday through Friday. Closed Saturday.

Sept 1 - May 31 10:00 - 5:00 June 1 - August 31 10:00-6:00

Website is: www.sweetpalace.com/

Philipsburg's website is: www.philipsburgmt.com/

Philipsburg is on Montana Hwy 1 north of Anaconda. Hwy 1 between Drummond and Anaconda, called the Pintler Scenic Route, is a nice alternative to I-90 that brings you past Georgetown Lake.

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
maple ridge british...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Theatre in Anaconda?

Hello:

My husband and I were in Anaconda July 17 2005 . If you contact the Anaconda Tourist information they offer a tour (which we went on) and they take you through the theatre. It is also an active theatre. We went tuesday night for 3.00 each we saw the movie "Batman Begins" and if you want to sit in the balcony it costs .25 cents more. The popcorn and drink costs 1.50. The theatre is just wonderful, a site to see. I am glad we did.

Carol Storrings ribchestercarol@hotmail.com

Get answers to your questions about Anaconda
Recent Conversations