We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaconda/Lodging

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Anaconda/Lodging

Planning a week for July of 2008. I've checked various sites for reviews. As for Anaconda motels, not a lot of them and what there is, one liked it and the next one hated the place.

Anyone recommend any place within 20 miles of Anaconda? Will I be better off to stay in one of the chain hotels in Butte?

Basic needs are clean and comfortable, anything above that would be a plus.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

usa
Level Contributor
119 posts
1. Re: Anaconda/Lodging

Are you using Anaconda for a 'base', leaving each day for day trips,etc, or will you be staying put in that area? Butte will definitely have a much larger selection of hotels, and also places to eat, things to do. Anaconda is a neat little place, don't get me wrong. But Butte will offer more choices. Another option, though I don't know what the price is these days, would be to stay at Fairmont Hot Springs, a resort located between Butte and Anaconda. It will be pricey, but there is a choice of both hotel and cabins. Nice hot springs, horse back riding, etc. Again, if you're just looking for a place to lay your head at night, a chain would give you more selections and easier to search for recommendations. There are a few B& B's in Butte if you want something along those lines... Not sure what Anaconda has to offer.. Either way, it's beautiful country!

2. Re: Anaconda/Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Anaconda
Recent Conversations