We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

South Florida
Level Contributor
279 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

Am taking daughter for music audition in January (brrrr), and need suggestions on shuttle vs taxi from Detroit airport as well as a place to stay with either a shuttle to campus or walking distance from the School of Music on the north campus...

Any suggestions?

thanks.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

I would give a call to the Ann Arbor Convention and Visitors Bureau as they have information about shuttles and motels. Some info on their web site

visitannarbor.org/index.php/…

South Florida
Level Contributor
279 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

thanks, already did that....

just looking for someone who's 'been there done that"

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

As far as I know, there aren't any hotel shuttles, especially from the North Campus area, that go from Ann Arbor to the airport. You may consider the Michigan Flyer bus (one roundtrip ticket is $30) for your ride to / from Metro Airport and Ann Arbor. Check www.michiganflyer.com. The stop in Ann Arbor is at the Four Points Sheraton off of State Street on the south side of town. Select Ride taxi's are usually there waiting to take passengers anywhere else in town you need to go.

There are several hotels in the North Campus area (Hawthorn, Hampton, Holiday Inn, Red Roof). I read on the Holiday Inn website that there is complimentary shuttle transportation to and from Ann Arbor destinations (See front desk for availability).

Enjoy your visit!

South Florida
Level Contributor
279 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

Thanks! I have made arrangements w/ Hampton Inn (breakfast & campus shuttle) & they have given me a car service for the airport.

5. Re: Visiting U of michigan's N. campus - travelwhere to stay....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:19