We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

This morning's AnnAbor.com reports that Thanksgiving week has slowed down reservations for people coming into Ann Arbor for the Ohio State game. Normally hotels and restaurants would be 100% booked way in advance since this game is usually the weekend before Thanksgiving. That makes me think the ticket prices for the game (which are usually astronomical through resale venues) are lower than normal too (not to say they'll be cheap).

There are still hotels available and the typical restaurants for pre and post game festivities still have reservations open. Check out this story if you're thinking this might be a fun way to spend a day of your Thanksgiving weekend:

annarbor.com/news/…

Edited: 19 November 2011, 12:50
Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

We'll be there but we're staying in Brighton, which we've had booked for a couple of months. I see rooms that are available in Ann Arbor, are very expensive at this point....$175.00-250.00 for places like Hampton, Comfort Inn etc, about double. We're paying about 1/3 of that. Glad for that. In July, tickets for the Notre Dame game were impossible to get with more available for Ohio State. That may change now that Michigan walloped Nebraska today and have a good chance of doing the same against "Ohio". I think interest should pick up here real fast.

But that article is informative, luv, as at least those that are coming last minute will know now that rooms are available.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

Another reason...today Ann Arbor was filled with Nebraska fans, most by a visiting team this year, so I'm sure they were in many of the motels. They have such a strong following. But now, I bet, prices may come down as Ohio fans are probably so disheartened with their team they may cancel any reservations and skip the game. :)))

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

Lots and lots of Nebraska license plates around town today. Lots and lots of happy Wolverines around town today. Welcome to the Big Ten Big Red! ;o)

Couldn't believe the post-game traffic today. Worst I've ever seen.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

Congrats to our Michigan team! I was very excited to learn they had won, because a number of sports writers were calling Nebraska, since they had a better defense, supposedly. Whatever. They must have been dreaming...!

I can only imagine the traffic in AA after a game, any game. I'd have to post game tailgate for a long time before attempting to leave... :)

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

It helps that we went to eat afterwards. But, yes, the ideal way to do it is to tailgate beforehand and afterwards. The Nebraska people were very nice though...and fun. Much better than from another team south of AA :)) I'm sure they will be waiting for us in Lincoln next year.

Edited: 20 November 2011, 11:21
Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

You'd think I'd have enough sense to check whether the game is ending before heading out on a game day, but noooooo didn't do that yesterday.

Friends we were meeting took over an hour to drive from one side of AA to the other in the game traffic. Seemed like heavier volume of traffic, but maybe it was also Nebraska fans who didn't know how to navigate around town either.

Glad to hear they're nice people though. That other Red team isn't so nice to encounter around town and I'm sure they think the same of us when we head to Columbus.

Doesn't surprise me that the rooms are priced double of what they normally would be for next Saturday's game. I imagine every retailer sees dollar signs on home game Saturdays, but especially that game.

Hoping to see smiling Wolverines next week too!!

7. Re: good news if you're thinking of coming to the OSU game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:45
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor