We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

difference(s) between the two Hampton Inns?

too far from the...
Level Contributor
324 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
difference(s) between the two Hampton Inns?

Are there any significant differences between the two Hampton Inns in town, mostly regarding location?

I read somewhere that the "North" Hampton is within walking distance of shops etc. If so, which shops would those be, and are they truly within walking distance?

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: difference(s) between the two Hampton Inns?

Since I live in AA I've never stayed at either, but both are fairly close to freeways which I always want to know when I stay somewhere so I can request a room as far from the traffic drone as possible. Also, both are away from the main campus/downtown Ann Arbor area which means they are out by more generic chain-styled retail (with a few exceptions).

In terms of shops close by, the south Hampton is about 1/2 mile from Briarwood Mall (with one crossing of a busy divided street). Typical suburban mall with typical restaurants in the surrounding area (e.g., Red Robin in the parking lot, California Pizza Kitchen in the mall). This Hampton Inn is a very quick bus ride to campus and downtown.

The north Hampton is a bit further from campus/downtown (still just one bus to hop), but it has more things immediately around it. It is very close (2-3 min walk) to a newer cluster of businesses that includes Sweetwater Cafe (coffee shop), an Olgas Kitchen, an umi sushi. Also very close are Carsons Grill (woodfire cooking), Applebees and a CVS pharmacy. Buschs grocery store, a Korean restaurant, a coney island are a little further, maybe 1/4 mile.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 10:56
too far from the...
Level Contributor
324 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: difference(s) between the two Hampton Inns?

Thanks for the great description!

3. Re: difference(s) between the two Hampton Inns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor