We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

My fiance and I, both Ann Arbor residents, will be getting married in Saline in June of 2012. While I suggested that we just go back home after the wedding, my fiance was completely appalled by the idea. "But it's our wedding night - our place isn't special!", he declared.

Is there any place around Ann Arbor that you'd recommend for our wedding night? I don't think any local hotels have honeymoon suites, but a nice, slightly luxurious, and private room would suffice. We may be jetting off to our honeymoon the next day, so a hotel closer to Detroit might work as well.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
450 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

I have not stayed there, but friends have commented favorably on the Westin at DTW. And it is convenient for your flight.

In Dearborn (not more the 20-30 minutes from Saline and still close to DTW), the Henry Hotel (formerly Ritz Carlton) is very nice. And there is the Hyatt nearby too.

In Ann Arbor itself, your best bets for upscale are the Belltower Inn, Campus Inn, or maybe the Sheraton out by Briarwood.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

I love weddings! :-)

My parents stayed at the Ypsilanti Marriott Hotel at Eagle Crest a few years ago while visiting us. They had a King Guestroom and really enjoyed it. My work has its annual meeting hosted at the Conference center there. They totally remodeled the entire hotel recently to a more modern look. We've not had any complaints about the accomodations. Breakfast is always very good. The small bar near the lobby is intimate and plenty of seating. I believe there is shuttle service to the airport as well. If not, you can hire a nice car from SelectRide or MetroCars.

Good luck to you both!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

We had dinner at the Inn at St. John's in Plymouth a few weeks ago and the hotel looked quite nice. The grounds and general atmosphere is very gracious. The hotel part is very new.

Dearborn Inn is also nice though not quite as convenient to Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

What about one of the rooms at the Michigan League? I haven't been, but I imagine they're nice. And it's a unique place. Congratulations!

5. Re: Wedding Night in Ann Arbor - where should we stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor