We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay for Football games

Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay for Football games

My wife suprised me with tickets for the Michigan/Wisconsin game in Sept. This is like a life long dream to finally go to a game in the big house. Now I need some area advice. I know we are late in the game to find a hotel or any place to stay in Ann Arbor, although that is really what we want. So if any of you could tell me where in the surrounding area is a good (safe/convenient) place to stay that would be great. I am looking frantically to find something and neither of us know anything about the area so any advice would be great. Thanks. GO BLUE !

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
United States
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay for Football games

First check the Holiday Inn Express right off the State Street exit. It is only a couple minutes from the stadium and is easily accessible off of I-94. There are a couple other hotels by it but their names slip my mind at the moment. That is a big game so I don't know if there will be many hotel rooms available in Ann Arbor itself. Chelsea is a small town only 15 minutes from Ann Arbor. There is a Holiday Inn Express there as well along with a couple others.

Mentioned in this post
State Street
State Street
91 Reviews
Ann Arbor, MI
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay for Football games

We have a reservation in Milan just in case, and ya I can't find any available rooms in Ann Arbor which I guess is to be expected because of the game and opponent. Do you know what to expect in Milan and how far it is from the stadium? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
NYC
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay for Football games

hi bmf19

Weber's Inn is really nice & just outside of downtown (on the west side)...food is good there as well. (I'm originally from the area if you're wondering about my t.a. name!). Here is their website if you'd like to check availability...GO BLUE!!, enjoy the game:

http://www.webersinn.com/

Mentioned in this post
Weber's Boutique Hotel
Weber's Boutique Hotel
437 Reviews
Ann Arbor, MI
Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay for Football games

I would second Weber's Inn. If you aren't planning on tailgating you can catch the shuttle to the stadium at Webers ($2 per person each way and they drop you off at the stadium, much cheaper than parking at Pioneer HS or the golf course ~$30-40 depending on the game and you don't have to walk as far). We usually park in the motel parking lot across the street from Weber's and hop on the shuttle there and then Weber's Inn is the next stop. We might see you there...we will be the ones in maize and blue...like that narrows it down any!! :) Regardless, have a GREAT time!!

Mentioned in this post
Weber's Boutique Hotel
Weber's Boutique Hotel
437 Reviews
Ann Arbor, MI
Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay for Football games

I've put my name on a waiting list at Weber's Inn. And the Holiday Inn in Chelsea has availabilty. Does anyone have any ideas for other surrounding area hotels or lodging of any sorts in Ann Arbor or in the vicinty. Thanks. Go Blue!

Mentioned in this post
Weber's Boutique Hotel
Weber's Boutique Hotel
437 Reviews
Ann Arbor, MI
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay for Football games

Chelsea will probably be your best bet because its exit 159 on I-94 and all of the Ann Arbor exits are in the 170's. Its a quick straight shot down the highway and the hotel is right by the hotel.

Milan is a bit further. You might also consider Ypsilanti, Saline, or Dexter. I'm pretty sure they all have hotels but I've never stayed at any to recommend. They are all a bit closer to Ann Arbor than Chelsea with Ypsilanti butting right up to the border. Ypsi has some sketchy areas though while the other two are basic small towns similar to Chelsea.

Mentioned in this post
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
ANN ARBOR, MI
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to stay for Football games

Chelsea is a cute, small and very safe town, heads and shoulders above Milan (sorry Milan). (FYI - actor Jeff Daniels lives in Chelsea). Be sure and go to downtown Chelsea for coffee and breakfast at Zou Zous. Downtown Chelsea is about 1.5 miles from the freeway and as good as anything you'll get in A-2. Chelsea's Common Grill is good for a lovely higher-end dinner. Chelsea to A-2 on a non-football Saturday is 25 minutes, via I-94. At least double on a football Saturday.

Mentioned in this post
Common Grill
Common Grill
462 Reviews
Chelsea, MI
Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to stay for Football games

Spend the extra 25 min. in travel and stay in a nicer area with more newer hotels, restaurant variety, shopping, affluent subdivisions, etc.

Do expedia search for Livonia MI hotels, get a place near 6,7,or 8 mile near I-275. They are near the entrance to M-14 to Ann Arbor. Actually in the Northville/Novi area.

Embassy Suites, Residence Inn Marriott(nonsmoke),are good. Hilton Garden Inn is especially near entrance to M-14, but not near as many restaurants..has it's own restaurant plus casual dining nearby. Hyatt place and Novi Sheraton are very nice.

Mentioned in this post
Livonia
Livonia
Michigan
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
Novi
Novi
Michigan
Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to stay for Football games

Eagle Crest off Huron St/Whittaker Road in Ypsilanti is a nice hotel on a pretty golf course, right near the freeway ramp, 7 miles or so from stadium

Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to stay for Football games

Thanks all for your responses. I have a room now in Ann Arbor for Saturday after the game, Now can anyone tell me where a good place to stay Friday night, we fly in late and just need a place to stay anywhere in between the airport and Ann Arbor and then a early start for Ann Arbor and Game Day. I guess the closer to Ann Arbor the better but at the airport would be fine too, we will be renting a car. I know the hotels closer to AA are full just want to find a safe place to stay Friday night.

Mentioned in this post
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan