We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello from Spain

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,271 posts
3,815 reviews
Hello from Spain

My father graduated from the University of Michigan. I studied here in 1965 computer programming and statistics. These subjects served me well when I worked at a large computer company in San Jose, CA. My memories of Ann Arbor are wonderful. It is such a beautiful town.

Now I am retired in Malaga, Spain. My hobby is giving advice about Spain on Trip Advisor. Feel free to write me with a PM if you need advice about Spain.

4 replies to this topic
Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Hello from Spain

Hola and welcome to the Michigan forum.

My wife was born and raised in Ann Arbor.

I was stationed in Estartit in 1971 and we were married there then lived there for a year and a half.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 23:51
United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
284 reviews
2. Re: Hello from Spain

Hola Benny!

We were in Malaga 2 years ago when we were touring Andalusia. We are coming back this year to Valencia and Mallorca. Me gusta Espana!!! Are you spanish or an american living in Spain?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,271 posts
3,815 reviews
3. Re: Hello from Spain

I am an American and I have dual citizenship now.

For Valencia:

Downtown Valencia is the Plaza del Ayuntamiento. The main shopping area is here, together with many restaurants. If one stays near this place, most of the city center is walkable. Use Booking.com to screen hotels and apartments. In the District box, choose Ciutat Vella, Eixample or Extramurs.

Sights:

1. Oceanographic (the best aquarium in Spain)

2. Bioparc (one of the best zoos in Spain)

3. Cathedral and Basilica of the Virgin of the Helpless

4. City of Arts and Sciences

5. Silk Exchange - La Lonja de la Seda

6. Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas

7. Bellas Artes Museum

Good Restaurants:

1. Restaurante Navarro Valencia (Calle del Arzobispo Mayoral, 5 – Tel: 963-529-623) is one of the best restaurants downtown. However you need a reservation because it is so popular.

2. Casa Roberto (Calle Maestro Gozalbo, 19 - Tel: 963-951-361).

The most important shopping streets are Colon, Don Juan de Austria, Poeta Querol, Jorge Juan, Cirilo Amoros and La Paz. The Malvarossa and Cabanyal districts may not be safe at night.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
71,271 posts
3,815 reviews
4. Re: Hello from Spain

You do not need to send me a PM. You can go to the Spain forum and ask your question there. I read all the posts on the Spain forum.

I have traveled extensively in Spain since I retired and can give advice for all the principal cities.

Reply to: Hello from Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor