We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area

3 posts
Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area

Hi, I used to be a graduate student at University of Michigan over 10 years ago and I remember booking a motel just for the change of scenary, that was costing only 40 dollars. I believe it was somewhere near Ypsilanti bus station. I am going to visit Ann Arbor at the end of July so I am searching for motels that have similar prices, but when I put "motels" into google, it gives me hotels instead. The hotels seem to be 60 or higher. So I am still hopeful I could get it down to 40 if there was any way for me to search for motels rather than hotels. Can someone help me out?

4 replies to this topic
Detroit
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area

Well I think your best chance of finding a cheap motel would be in Yspilanti and not Ann Arbor. I also think you can stay overnight relatively cheaply at the Michigan Union or somewhere else through the school? My point is you might try also researching through U of M or Eastern.

3 posts
2. Re: Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area

Thank you for suggestion. I just googled "Michigan league" and found this https://uunions.umich.edu/article/room-rates which is also expansive. Or do you think of something else in Michigan league? Can you give me a link?

As far as Ypsilanti, yes, the motel I was using over 10 years ago that I am thinking of was, in fact, in Ypsilanti. But I forgot how its called and when I search for motels in Ypsilanti it keeps giving me hotels. But, other than that, Ypsilanti is totally fine with me. So if you have any suggestion on how I can find motels in Ypsilanti online, please let me know.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area

I agree with the prior posts ...

And 10 years ago was 10 years ago ... Obviously inflation has driven prices up. I'm not sure you can even get a motel 8 for less than $50 these days.

Edited: 07 July 2018, 15:58
3 posts
4. Re: Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area

Well, in this case, is there something for 50 dollars in Ypsilanti?

Reply to: Cheap motels in Ann Arbor/Dexter/Ypsilanti area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ann Arbor