We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cara Jewellers - Update

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshunt...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cara Jewellers - Update

Hi,

In my recent trip report I mentioned that I had bought a diamond pendant and matching earrings from Cara Jewellers in the Gold and Diamond Park. I just thought that anyone who is planning to go might be interested in the valuation that I got back today. As I think I mentioned I have no idea on clarity etc but chose my pendant because it was dainty and just what I had been looking for back home. Anyway, I paid AED 2380 (roughly £345) for both. I collected my valuation report today and the pendant has been valued at £450 and the earrings £400. I was hopeing that they might be worth more than what I paid but did not expect £500!! My jewellers also said that they were excellent quality diamonds too.

Hopefully we will be back in Dubai next year and will visit Cara again!

Ann

West Sussex
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

Good to hear that Ann. I bought a pair of diamond earrings for my Mum and Sunil also arranged to make a copy of a pair of earirngs which my Mum had lost. The service was excellent and they made us feel really welcome. Once I had finished ordering,they dropped us back to the Al Qasr.

I'm hoping to return in 2008 and will definately buy something for myself this time!

Thanks Latti for telling us about them

Julie

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,556 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

No worries. I'm glad they were able to help you. They've never let me down either and my stuff is always valued higher when I get home too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

Yup, I bought a diamond pendant from the souk for £900, have had it valued here for £2100!!!!

I have a friend who travels regularly to Dubai, she started off with a smallish diamond, she goes back to the same jeweller once a year, with the receipt, and upgrades, she's up to 4 carats now! She always gets back the price she paid to go towards the next diamond.

Glasgow
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

I was in Dubai in July and my boyfriend bought me an engagement ring from Monili's in the Gold and Diamond Park. We paid about £1000 GBP for it and I had it valued last week and it was valued at £2750!!! I couldn't believe it. Everything I was sold the carat etc was all correct. I am getting married next year and I phoned the owner of Monili's back to organise wedding bands and its not a problem and our friends are going next month to pick them up.

Claire

Cheshunt...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

Claire,

Wow that's impressive! I bet you were well pleased. You mentioned wedding bands - my husband and I wanted to buy white gold bands but every jewellers we looked in, at the park, all the malls, didnt seem to have them. To be honest I didnt ask so maybe we will next year when we visit again.

Ann

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

Spursgal.

We are just back from dubai and my hubby bought a platinum band in the Gold and diamond Park. They had loads of white gold one too. Thye shop we bought our jewellery in is called Marhaba. I think most of the shops sell white gold, at least any we looked at did.

hope this helps.

Cheshunt...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

Hi Mollydon,

We did see platinum bands in a couple of jewellers at the malls but not a great deal. It just sems to be rings and bangles everywhere! Maybe they are not sought after in Dubai? I will make sure I look next year!

Glad you had a good trip - I enjoyed reading your trip report and I see your already thinking of booking again next year! good for you. I am going to try early next year and see what I can get booked but will go back to Mina A'Salam again and may try booking direct with the hotel this time.

lake district
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

does anyone know if they have coloured stones /diamonds??? is white gold common or is all yellow gold?

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

Spursgal

Yellow gold, white gold, rose gold or any combination, and any other precious metal you can think of.

Stones of all colours, sizes,clarity etc.

The Gold & Diamond Park is probably the best place if you have something specific in mind.

If they cant show you it, they will be back in 5 minutes with what you want or make it up for you on site in a couple of days.

As Claire said, Vipul at Monilis has always given us and freinds excellent service and value.

Happy shopping

Chris

anywhere in the sun
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cara Jewellers - Update

hi i bought two 18 carrat gold braclets from Damas in 2003 and both were valued at 950 pound each in the uk give or take a few pounds on either.