We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best friday brunch.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Best friday brunch.

We will be visiting Dubai as part of our honeymoon towards the end of October 2012 after getting engaged there in Feb.

We have decided to do the friday brunch this time but are having trouble deciding which to do.

We have narrowed it down to Al Qasr, Bubbilious or Spectrum on One. We had also considered Traituer but not sure about this as my fiance isn't a fan of French food. Which of these would you recommend for quality of food and drink?

Many Thanks.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
38 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best friday brunch.

Al Qasr is the most upmarket of the three you mention. It has great food, plenty of drinks and nice atmosphere. In October it will most certainly be busy and nice enough to sit outside.

Bubbilious is one of my favourite brunches when dining with a big group of friends. The drinks flow..and flow .. and flow... and by 4pm the place gets very messy, very rowdy and the attendees very very drunk. If it's just the two of you, then perhaps skip Bubbilious this time and save it for when you visit with a bunch of friends.

Al Qasr or Mina A Salim would be my choices for a couple.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best friday brunch.

Thanks for your help, we were leaning more towards the Al Qasr one anyway so think we will definitely book this now!

Have you been to this one? If so what is the dress code like as have read on another post that people tend to get very dressed up for brunch?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,966 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best friday brunch.

Some people do as they treat it as an occassion. Smart casual is fine but you can go a wee bit more dressy if you want

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best friday brunch.

Al Qasr brunch is excellent and I thought their were less kids than Mina brunch, however I also think spectrum on one is fab too.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best friday brunch.

Thanks, i was thinking smart casual but then started to worry i would be underdressed! Good to know it will be fine.

6. Re: Best friday brunch.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 15:16