We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July - what to do?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July - what to do?

Hello

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids aged 4 and 8 and will be spending 2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July on our way home.

Can you please recommend things we should do on our only day in Dubai given that we will have 2 young kids and it will be extremely hot?

Is it worth while doing a Desert tour in July? If so, will our kids be safe on a bumpy ride in 4WD/Camel etc?

Which shopping centre is the best to vist?

Is Dubai museum worth visiting? What about any traditional arabic markets? Are they undercover?

Thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,444 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July - what to do?

I would not recommend the desert safari for the 4 year old but the 8 year old would enjoy it - depends if you want to split up.

The museum is worth visiting and it is air conditioned. The textile souk is only 5 mins walk from the musuem BUT, although it is covered it isn't air conditioned. Each individual shop will have some form of air conditioning. You can ride an abra on the creek from Bur Dubai abra station at the end of the textile souk.

I would say that with young children Dubai Mall is best to visit because of the activities for kids in there

Melbourne
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July - what to do?

Thanks for your great suggestions. Is it worth staying in Arabian Courtyard hotel since it's close to the museum and in the centre of town? How far is it from Dubai Mall?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,444 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July - what to do?

It's about 20 minutes by cab. I guess it depends on whether you want to be in the heart of old Dubai or closer to Dubai Mall.

If a nice pool is important then the pool at Arabian Courtyard is OK but not great. Park Regis Kris Kin is in Bur Dubai too but closer to a metro station and has a much nicer pool - the museum and souks are a 5 minute cab ride away and Dubai Mall by cab is around 20 minutes.

If you want to stay near the mall then I'd go for Al Murooj Rotana or for a 2 bed room apartment in Ramada Downtown

4. Re: 2 nights/1 day in Dubai in July - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:17