We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday Brunch

ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Friday Brunch

Hi there,

we are staying at Le Meridien ( beside the airport) . We have booked a club room which I know includes a complimentary breakfast each morning - however I am just wondering does this include the famous friday brunch?

Thanks for your help

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,965 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday Brunch

No you will have to pay extra for that

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday Brunch

Not sure why you would want brunch at the Meridien if you get the full buffet breakfast at the same restuarant a couple of hours earlier. The only reason must be to pay a lot of money to throw large amounts of alcohol down your throat.

As one who has lived at that hotel, I would suggest try a brunch at one of the other many venues and see the inside of a different restaurant.

Edited: 28 January 2012, 03:40
Essex, UK
Level Contributor
540 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday Brunch

You dont get the buffet brunch with the royal club rooms - you get breakfast in the royal club lounge where you can choose off the a la carte menu and then there is a small buffet selection. You would have to pay extra for the full breakfast at Yalumba.

You do get afternoon tea, and complimentary drinks and canapes in the evening and then a nightcap and cake/sweets at bedtime in addition to the breakfast.

As previous poster says though, you wouldnt be able to manage the buffet brunch and then the Yalumba brunch, so soon after one another!!

ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday Brunch

Thank you for your reply, although I didn't appreciate the tone with which it was delivered.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,965 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday Brunch

Not sure whose reply has offended you; the factual one that answered your question or the others that gave additional advice about whether or not you wanted to eat brunch in Yalumba or in fact at all in the same hotel that you are staying in.

Yalumba brunch has a reputation in Dubai for being loud, lairy and full of people falling down after the quantity of alcohol they've consumed - this may be what you are looking for then again it may not. For lots of people Yalumba brunch would not be something they would enjoy and perhaps they allowed that to influence their response to you.

It's impossible to have 'tone' in an email because it is written rather than spoken - so often the 'tone' is what you 'hear' or imagine it to be and not what was intended.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday Brunch

I did not sense any tone... Maybe it was a bit too detailed.. But that was just so you could get an idea of what you're about to experience. It's a travel forum so people here will be frank & to the point with you. Just Chill / you'll love Dubai.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday Brunch

Not sure what you mean by Tone,but all I wanted to do was to share my experience of 3 months living in the hotel and 6 years of living in Dubai in a quick and simple way.

You have come into a forum seeking knowledge for a question which could easily be answered by the hotel themselves or your booking agent. Once you enter the forum you "meet" people of differing nationalities,cultures and outlooks some of which maybe dissimilar to your own. Your job is not to criticise the forum and its contributors but to take the information given and assess its relevance to you.

So in summary your question is answered as follows

Your package does not cover Brunch at Yalumba

but sharing with you my experience:

Brunch at Le meridien is taken at Yalumba

Most of the visitors to the Brunch will take the Champagne package

There will be loud music

There will be plenty of drink consumed

There will be lots of people getting silly

It will cost you a lot of money

If you buy another bottle of champagne after the time has finished for the "free drink" it will cost you another £80. ( I can email you the bill if you would like)

You can then join the exodus to the other bars , Barasti's is my favourite. and join in the usual argy bargy or you can take the lead of a famous couple and have sex on the beach and insult a policeman then followed by Deportation

The above is a list of facts, I will leave you to assess the relevance to your culture and life ideals and in the meantime I will briefly mention that possibly as a tourist a better experience for similar money could the Bateaux Cruise on the creek, a spa treatment at the BAA, options that my guests have preferred

But whatever you decide enjoy your time in Dubai, it is a great place to come

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
540 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Friday Brunch

Perhaps I wont bother replying and giving info any more if my 'tone' has upset someone.

Perhaps the original poster will be staying at the hotel in the Royal Club rooms at the same time as me soon?

( and I agree that the Yalumba brunch is very loud and boisterous, and that's why I will be going somewhere else again for brunch next week)

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Friday Brunch

Guys Relax.

Don't spoil your mood over a already lousy place. Yalumba can go to hell. ☺

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
540 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Friday Brunch

Don't worry - I will have a wonderful time !!