We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral
Level Contributor
397 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

Hi Guy's , I would welcome opinions on the two hotels mentioned, I have read the majority of reports pertaining to both but still undecided, can anyone push me over the edge lol.

Cheers

Jamie

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

If you are a family JBH, if you are a couple O&O. Both currently have renovation works.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

If you want privacy and experience service than it has to be One and Only

cheers

Munes

Wirral
Level Contributor
397 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

Thanks Guy's, we are a couple both 50, however, dont want a hotel where you are treading on eggshells and whispering the whole time, have no problem with kids, we are just wondering in terms of luxury and service to be fair.

Rgds

Jamie

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,464 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

It's a difficult one. We've stayed at both and we too are in our 50s. Agree that if you had children then without doubt the JBH would be the best choice because of entrance to the Wild Wadi. Overall it's a close shave, but if I were to re-book for either of them I would go for the JBH.

I personally think the position of the JBH is better than the One and Only, is close to the Madinet, so offers you the chance to wander around this area during the evening. There are buggies to take you from the JBH to the Madinet area next door, so you don't even have to walk. There are also lots of restaurants in this vicinity.

Our room at the One and Only was excellent, the service and food was excellent too (tasted the most tender and tastiest lamb I had ever eaten in my life here), but because it is more low rise, our room seemed to be a trek from the reception area to reach it which we found annoying.

However, I'm sure you will enjoy staying at either of them.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

We find the Jumeirah complex to be a little overwhelming and prefer to stay at the O&O. The service level and attention to details, we feel, is slightly higher at the O&O. However, you cant go wrong with either.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

You can watch the world go by in JBH lobby!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

We are a couple the same age and love the Jumeirah Beach hotel, all the rooms are seaview and fabulous and the selection of restaurants including the ones at the Madinet are incredible.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

Just to add that the only time we've seen a lot of kids was during the British Half term week, otherwise it's mainly couples.

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

I have recently been to both One&Only in Dubai namely One&Only The Palm and One&Only Royal Mirage and I can suggest you to go with One&Only Royal Mirage. For your age I would suggest that you go with Residence&Spa. The comfort and personal touch is unique. JBH is fine but for your age I believe you would prefer quietness and extra care which One&Only delivers. Do not forget to visit the Palm with the free boat shuttle!

10. Re: Jumeirah Beach hotel or One and only royal mirage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 10:17