We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight transit - worth going into dubai?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fife
Level Contributor
129 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
overnight transit - worth going into dubai?

Got a stopover from midnight until 9am with emirates. Wondering whether theres any point leaving the airport for a tour of dubai in the dark bearing in mind we're travelluing with youngsters? Or better to sit it out athe airport and occupy ourselves there. Any thoughts?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,650 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight transit - worth going into dubai?

To be honest with kids I would book into a cheap hotel and get some sleep.

The best value and really close to the airport is Premier Inn. You won't have to collect luggage because it will go straight through, if you are all UK passport holders you will get an automatic visa stamp in your passports at immigration and could be in the hotel and in bed by 1am.

The hotel has a free shuttle bus service but to be honest a cab will take 5 minutes so I wouldn't bother waiting for the free shuttle bus - a cab will cost around 25 dirham (£4 or so) and that includes the standard 20 dirham pick up fee.

You will already have your boarding passes from your first check in point so can just go straight to departures security the next morning and into the departure lounge. Allow 90 minutes for this.

Leave the Premier Inn at 7.30am and you will all have had some sleep.

Spending 9 hours in Dubai airport would try most folk but with kids I wouldn't even attempt it.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight transit - worth going into dubai?

Agreed with above, it's one of the airports busiest times and you'll want to escape to a comfy bed. By the time you deplane and get through customs nothing of interest is really open.

Fife
Level Contributor
129 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight transit - worth going into dubai?

Thanks for the advice, was going to brave the airport and sleep thru the flights but might give the prem inn a go as I thought it was more complicated than that

4. Re: overnight transit - worth going into dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 17:16