We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meena Bazzar from the Walk

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Meena Bazzar from the Walk

Hey

What's the best for to get to Meena Bazaar from The Walk? We're staying at Amwaj Rotana.

Does the Metro go there?

Will we need to take an Abra?

ARB9

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

The Metro involves a bit of a walk at either end, I'd take a taxi. Should be around 60 Dhs (a tenner). You won't need an abra unless you want to go to Deira.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,725 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

Even though you don't need to take an abra it's a lovely thing to do and I'd recommend it, even if you just go across to the Deira side of the Creek and back again.

London
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

I didn't realise the metro stations are that far.

Are we talking a 10 minute walk?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

If you want to take the metro, I think the nearest station to your hotel is Dubai Marina Station. You can walk from The Walk but it's definitely more than 10 mins. It's more like 20+ mins but bear in mind about the heat and humidity if you're here during the summer months. Taxi would cost about AED10 from The Walk to the station.

To go to Meena Bazaar, you can either:

1. Stop at Khaleed al Waleed Station, walk along Bank Street, then to Bastakiya, Dubai Museum and onwards to Meena Bazaar. That would take about 20-30 mins. Or take a taxi for about AED15 max from that station. Like Kali, I would recommend taking the abra across the Creek too; or

2. Stop at Union Station, walk towards the Creek and and take a stroll along the Creek to the abra station (should take roughly about 20-30 mins walk from the Metro station to Abra station). Take an abra across the Creek to get to Meena Bazaar.

Metro tickets would cost slightly less than AED5 per person per trip to either station.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

You can take a cab to the nearest metro - it will be too hot to walk - and then get off at Khaleed al Waleed and and take another cab to Bur Dubai abra station, which is next to the textile souk because it will be too hot to walk there. This trip will take you just over an hour in total.

Or you can just take a cab all the way there, which will take around 35 minutes and cost roughly 70 dirham (so around £11) - I know what I would do !

The abra is a great trip to do, even if, as Kali says, you just go to the other side and back

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

I am a bit slow today but isn't the Amwaj Rotana the hotel across the road from Meridien Mina Seyahi - in which case it's no where near The Walk?

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

Amwaj Rotana is in the heart of the Marina Walk and not near the Meridien Mina Seyahi

rotana.com/rotanahotelandresorts/…destination

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

Amwaj Rotana is at the far end of The Walk (JBR Walk not Marina Walk) past the Sheraton.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

Thank you both. I know there is another Rotana across the road from Westin and Meridien, just don't know which brand it is.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meena Bazzar from the Walk

That'll be the Arjaan Rotana apartments - it's a bit further down and is oposite the One & Only