We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

We are interested in doing the desert safari but was wondering if anyone has done it in summer. We are going next week. Is it going to be too hot to enjoy the safari? I appreciate any insights.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

Depends upon what you think is too hot. Day time temps in DXB (we're about 13km away from the beach) are around upper 30c to mid 40c at the moment during the day. Evenings are somewhat cooler at around mid 30c at, say, 9pm, with humidity of something approaching 20% or a little bit more.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

You will be picked up around 3/4pm for the drive to the desert and will be in an air conditioned vehicle. You have to get out for a short time while they deflated the tyres in advance of going on the dunes but other than that you are out of the heat.

By the time you stop in the dunes it's almost sunset so the temperatures have fallen a bit. More importantly, you are out in the desert so it's much drier than in the city and the lower humidity means it's much more comfortable (at the moment it's not particularly humid in the city but it may be by the time you are here, it may not).

I wouldn't let the heat put you off doing a desert safari if you want to do one.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

Definitely do this we did it mid July with no problem, vehicles all ave ac you get refreshments I would do it again at this time of year

wirral
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

Hubby and kids did it a few days ago and said it was definitely cooler in desert than in city. They said even I would have been ok, and I am pathetic in the heat!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

Thanks to all - this helps. Going to go ahead and book it

horsham
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

We have just done it on Thursday, it was very hot but not unbearable and it is well worth doing we had a great great night

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

I just did one last week. We started a bit later in the day, i.e. the pick up was at around 4 (not the usual 3 pm pick up) and got to the desert at around 5. It was still sunny but surprisingly it wasn't as hot. Managed to catch the sunset. The evening was pretty cool actually. Just nice.

8. Re: Is June too hot for the Desert Safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 19:19