We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions...

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions...

What is at the creek? If i were to get a taxi to the creek is there a hotel I can ask to go to as a starting point?

Are there any boat trips other than the ones with dinner? Like during the day and you go further away from dubai by boat?

Anyone been to the zoo? Are the animals kept well?

What's the nearest beach park like jbp jebel Ali end of dubai?

What else is there to see in Abu dhabi apart from the mosque?

In entertainer 2011 family, what restaurants around the Marina are recommended?

Any nice Thai restaurants in entertainer family or fine dining?

Thanks

Katie

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions...

Oh and where abouts is the 'fake' souk? What is the actual name? Is it everyday?

Thank you

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions...

What is at the creek? If i were to get a taxi to the creek is there a hotel I can ask to go to as a starting point?

It's a creek! Looks a lot like a river and you can grab a traditional dhow across it for a tiny charge. You'll see all manner of things going across. You can also do a longer cruise with dinner if you fancy.

Are there any boat trips other than the ones with dinner? Like during the day and you go further away from dubai by boat?

There are speedboats, luxury yachts and fishing trips. Your budget will dictate what ones you can do. You can also do diving and snorkling trips.

Anyone been to the zoo? Are the animals kept well?

Sorry never been!

What's the nearest beach park like jbp jebel Ali end of dubai?

Jumeirah Beach Park is an excellent choice as you get facilities and it's cheap too.

What else is there to see in Abu dhabi apart from the mosque?

On Yas Island there is a F1 circuit, hotels and a ferrari theme park. Abu Dhabi itself doesn't really offer much more than Dubai as it's still being developed for tourism.

Which fake souk. Do you mean the Madinat Souk which is a modern construction made to look like a traditional souk or the area which sells illicit items? If so you mean Karama which is open every day.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,509 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions...

Hi Katie

Take a look at the maps and guides in this post.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k44…

You can ask a taxi totake you to the Dubai Museum and follow the maps from there - there is lots to see in that area and the maps give guides to what is there.

DON'T go to the zoo. It's not nice and the animals are kept in awful conditions.

In Abu Dhabi there is also the Corniche, which is a lovely promenade and a couple of Malls - Marina Mall is nice and has a tall tower - not as tall as Burj Khalifa - but still with a good view and a nice cafe at the top.

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions...

Thanks for your replies!

I won't be going to the zoo then.

I know jbp is good but it's the other end to where I am staying so was wondering if there is a place with facilities without having to go miles.

Karama, that's the one! How do I get to this? Where is it near? Are you hassled constantly or is it pretty chilled?

Oh and has anyone done the trip to Oman and then on a boat?

If anyone has any recommendations from family or fine dining books that would be great :)

Thanks,

Katie

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few questions...

Radisson Blu on the creek is a hotel in a good location to head for.

Karama if you do a search lots of info, some like it , some dont, prob because its in and out of tiny rooms and back of beyond places because its not genuine it has to be kept away from obvious eyes, some people feel very unnerved although no harm will happen just a bit daunting perhaps and yep with anything not genuine there will always be a bit of harmless hassle.

Oman is a long way , for a day trip i thought about 6 hours each way when i looked into it.

Boat - you can do speed boats rides in dubai- not cheap though.

Thai there isone in the royal meridien , what sort of food do you like.

Gary Rhodes restu in GHH is prob a fav on here .

Also search on public beaches , i think latimer has done a sticky to the right of the page, and she gives some great information on ones to go to with loungers, showers, cafe etc and cost.

Reading
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Few questions...

I think we will give karama a miss as my other half doesn't like any uneasiness. Thailand left him in a panic!

Oh if Oman is 6 hours that's a bit far for a day, i wondered why it said 14 hours!

I like all food, Thai, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Lebanese, I'm vegetarian and dont eat fish though.

I will take a look at the public beach post, it seems to remove the faq's on the iPhone app :(

7. Re: Few questions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:29