We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Deniliquin...
Level Contributor
56 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

Staying at Le Meridien for 3 nights next week. Hubby and I might get a taxi to go to Dubai Marina area for the evening to a restaurant. Anything around there open during Ramadan? I heard about a canal with a little gondola that you get on to go from A to B in that area, what is it called and where do we tell the taxi driver to drop us off?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,692 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

Do you mean Le Meridien at the airport ?

If so, you have Festival City mall close by (10 minutes by cab) this has a canal running through it with restaurants on each side and a gondola - very lovely it is too.

Much further away (30-40 minutes by cab) is the Madinat Jumeirah complex. This is set round a range of waterways and has abra boats to transport residents around the complex. Lots of the restaurants are by the water.

Dubai Marina area is 40 minutes away. This is a yacht marina so no gondolas. It has restaurants around the marina.

If you are at Le Royal Meridien then Dubai Marina is over the road, the Madinat is 10 minutes away and Festival City is 30-40 minutes away.

All of the restaurants everywhere will be open after sunset.

One other thing to bear in mind is the heat and humidity, many places will have their outside terraces closed

Edited: 06 August 2010, 21:29
Deniliquin...
Level Contributor
56 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

Thank you, Latti. I only just read your advice just now as I'm still travelling.

Yes it's the Le Meridien near the airport. I think the Festival City one sounds nice. We'll give it a try.

Cheers!

Dubai
Level Contributor
529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

Surprisingly since the advent of Ramadan there is no humidity and we have cool breaze in the early morning and in the evening.I have seen many people eating from the outside terraces.

Some restaurants have got special permission to operate during the day.More cafe at the Gold and Diamond park is an example.

Edited: 17 August 2010, 18:49
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

Hi there yy1, agree that this summer seems to be treating us rather well. Had dinner with friends at the Madinat end of July, we had pre-dinner drinks on the terrace and people were happy to be eating outside, went up to RAK weekend before last and ditto, neighbours came around last weekend to dunk their children in our pool and we were happy to sit outside in the early evening. Kali has also posted similar comments.

Our comments aren't particularly relevant to the original question but hope they help with regard to the weather ... although it may all change tomorrow lol

5. Re: Dubai Marina restaurants open during Ramadan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 05:17