We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
92 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

Hello again everyone.

For a first time 2 day stopover in Dubai, on great advice from this forum, my family of 4 (son 18, daughter 16) will stay at Dubai Creek area.

As both Golden Sands and Oasis Court has good reviews, your kind comments and feedback on which apartment (based on location/facilities/flexibility) is more suited to our itinerary will be very helpful.

3/12 (Thu) Arrive airport 7am (after 7 1/2hrs

flight from London). Dubai Museum/

Bastakiya Heritage Centre/abra ride/the

souks/Meena bazaar/ Evening Desert

Safari.

1. How far is the Bastiya from the museum?

2. Is it wise to do the desert safari on arrival evening or should I do it the next morning? Any recommended tour companies and should I book in advance?

4/12 (Fri) Jumeirah Beach (visit only)/Burj

Al-Arab/Burj Dubai/Marina area/

Dubai Mall?

Flight home at 3am(Sat), so leave

hotel at 12.00am?

1. Is Friday a good time to do the beach?

2. What is best/cheapest way to see all the sights?

3. Please feel free to comment and advise on my my itinerary on both days - the sequence, is it doable and any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you & Best regards

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

I think Golden Sands has better facilities, space and prices as of now.

1) Bastiyah is 10 mins walk from Museum

2) Evening maybe cooler for Desert Safari

3) Fridays tend to be busy at the beach but fun

4) Take the Big Bus Tour to see Dubai -not cheap though

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
92 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

Hi DXBINC,

Thank you very much for responding so fast and your answers have been so helpful.

I contacted Oasis Court directly and they quoted me a cheaper rate than Golden Sands for a 2 bedroom apartment, hence the indecision. From the location map, the Oasis seems to be nearer the Creek than the Golden Sands. Does the distance make a difference for my itinerary on day 1 to the Creek area, or do you think Golden Sands is better located for eating (Burjuman Mall)? Your views are really appreciated.

The Big Bus Tour is indeed pricey. Do you think it would be very expensive to go to Jumeirah, Al Arab & Burj Dubai by taxi or are there other alternatives?

I really appreciate your kind advice.

Thanks again & Best regards :)

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

In terms of room size, Golden Sands is larger than Oasis Court. Otherwise the two are practically tied and if you can get a better price at Oasis then go for it.

I dont think there is much difference in distance although if you can get a room in Golden Sands 10 then its a minute walk from Bur Juman Mall and 30 sec walk to Spinneys Supermarket (and restarurants and onwards to Karama).

Taxi is a good alternative to the Big Bus but you may not get as much touristy information etc - taxis are quite cheap in Dubai.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
92 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

Hi DXBINC,

Thank you very much for your very informative input, I really appreciate it.

I only saw your reply today when I 'searched' for 'Oasis Court/Golden Sands' on the forum as I didn't get the e-mail notification when your reply was posted.

I think I'll go with Golden Sands as I found a good rate for GS10 which you mentioned is very near to Burjuman Mall.

Thank you again and Best regards :)

5. Re: Please advise - Golden Sands or Oasis Court Apartment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 04:16