We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai stop-over

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dubai stop-over

Hi,

We are staying overnight in Dubai in September after a 12.15 am arrival. Can anyone recommend a good hotel close to the airport and/or shopping areas? Has anyone been to the Holiday Inn?

Rottnest04

London
Level Contributor
763 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai stop-over

The Le Meridien is quite a nice hotel with very good facilities and is not too far from the airport and the souk and malls. Something on the creek may also be worth a try, is about 10 minutes from the airport but alot closer to the shops.

Perth Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai stop-over

Thanks James. Do they have a shuttle service to the airport? We have an early arrival and leave again at 3 pm so it'll be easier.

Can you also recommend somewhere good for gold/diamonds? I may as well make the most of the stopover!!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,382 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai stop-over

I think Le Meridien have a shuttle service to the airport, but I wouldnt worry about that because you can jump in a taxi for few pounds.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai stop-over

Dear Rottnest04,

Visiting Dubai “Gold Souk” will be the best idea for your gold/diamond purchase. It opens at 0900hrs to 1300hrs and again 1600hrs to 2100hrs (Fridays only from 1600hrs to 2100hrs).

Just get in to a taxi and you will be able to reach there in 30-45 mints from your hotel (depend on the traffic). So the best thing is – try to be there at 0900hrs, so then you have enough time to enjoy your shopping for come back to the hotel to get ready for your next flight.

Regards,

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai stop-over

Consider stopping at the Gold & Diamond Park on your way to the Gold Souk - its not far from the LRM - just near the Mall of the Emirates on your right hand size on Sheikh Zayed Road.

http://www.goldanddiamondpark.com/

By the way, the Dubai Mall should be open by the time you arrive and that is going to have the largest indoor Gold Souk in the world - so this can be stop number 2 on your way to the Gold Souk :)

arabianbusiness.com/516138-the-dubai-malls-o…

California, USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai stop-over

Renaissance and JW Marriott are relatively close to the airport and within walking distance to Al Gurrair shoping center. Getting to the gold suq via taxi is easy; getting a taxi in the gold suq can be challenging, so give yourself enough time to make it to your hotel for check out and to the airport. If you want a place near the gold suq, try the Hyatt Regency.

Scotland
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai stop-over

Hi,

There is a free shuttle to the gold souk from the le meridien airport hotel,and also when you get back you have the choice of over 10 bars and restaurants to have a drink and a meal and with the dubliner pub serving snacks and meals to late you will have a great stay at this hotel.

Hope this helps.

fgmac

Scotland
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai stop-over

oops i forgot to mention, but i'm sure there is a

free shuttle to and from the airport,

our transfers were included in our package.

fgmac.

Perth Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai stop-over

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies!

Can anyone recommend a reputable/reasonably priced merchant in the gold and diamond park? My husband doesn't know it yet but he is going to be very generous!

Rottnest04

10. Re: Dubai stop-over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 03:17